Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... Im new to the forum, and new to bows in general. I'm looking to get into hunting deer with my bow, but first I have to get the bow set up for me (used). The bow is an older model, hand me down hoyt. It is poorly marked, and only depicts the words "Excel" on the limbs. Through some other people's help, I have been told that the bow is a Super Slam (circa 1996) with excel limbs and Master cams (E Mods). It has a hoyt sticker indicating a 30" draw and 65lb pull. However the draw is closer to 32"

Now the mods on this bow are not adjustable and I am told that I need to get different mods (told to get C's). However I am a bit confused.

Is there a possiblity, as the bow is older, that the strings are stretched causing this problem? Would replacing the strings potentially bring back the draw to what is indicated on the hoyt sticker? (the sticker indicates a specific string length, however I dont know off the top of my head)

I brought the bow to a local pro shop, and they told me that mods are no longer available for this bow.

I dont have the bow with me so I cant post my own pics, but here is the ebay page that I got it from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300245245099

I will post some new pics when I get the bow back tomorrow. What do you guys think I should do? I am financially tight right now, so a new bow is out of the question for this season.

If necessary, where can I find "C" mods?

-Camp

· Registered
925 Posts
With a bow that old, it will be difficult to find the mods you need. You might give Hoyt a call and see if they have some buried somewhere. Otherwise, search the classifieds here or even check Ebay. Random things show up there.

Good Luck.

macatac

· Registered
925 Posts
You might also call some long time Hoyt dealers. You never know what they have laying around in a box.

Oh, and the strings are probably your issue with the DL, assuming the mods on the bow are the mods it came with originally. You can take the existing ones off and measure them. If they are off, just pick up a new set from someone here on AT or locally and you are good to go.

macatac

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.