Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always noticed but have never asked. When at full draw my arrow points left of center down the stabilizer, when at rest its just about straight down the stablizer. is this common. i've always shot well with this but just to make sure this is normal..

thanks
josh

·
Banned
1,786 Posts
Bow arrow

It may be that when you put pressure on the string it brings the arrow to one side but when you release it wants to go to the resting position, just a thought!!!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
lots of things affect this, form, type of release, ancor point and type, cable guards, grip, arrow spine.ect. as long as you hit where you aim, don't sweat it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i feel like like my form is pretty good, i'm asking because if i am doing something wrong i want to fix it. does everyone whos right handed have there arrow point left at full draw?

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
No

BUSH in 04 said:
i feel like like my form is pretty good, i'm asking because if i am doing something wrong i want to fix it. does everyone whos right handed have there arrow point left at full draw?
But it is a function of grip placement, grip style, bow design and cable guard. For example, I love Mathews bows, but with that grip I cannot keep the rotation out to save my soul. I tell my friends to buy a Loesh grip for them (those that do love them and start talking up their Mathews even more).

I found that the Hoyt was especially bad on me for that, but it can be corrected (or at least I could) by not over placing my hand on the grip. The life line of the left hand should be on the left edge of the grip or a little to the left of the grip to stop it. Funny thing though, as long as I tuned for the hold, it did not seem to make much difference in the end with the Hoyt.

I now shoot a Martin Shadowcat, Nitrous X, so I have no cable guard and the grip is more like the Loesh or Hoyt style. I do not have any problem with the torque. The question is do you want to shoot 'shoot through' systems? They do not pose a problem for me, but some complain about sliding the arrow back instead of just laying the arrow to the side. :confused:

Here is my suggestion, if you are going to shoot FITA or something else with long distance targets; you need to consider the torque problem. If you are a normal archer, and your bow groups well, don't worry about it.

PS Many stabilizer holes are not tapped straight so the arrow may not start parallel with the stab to begin with.

·
NC ASA Director
36,016 Posts
Shorter ATA bows will show more of this than longer ATA bows. It is common with cable guarded bows. It helps to get the cables as close to the arrow as possible, but most bows do not come with an adjustable cable guard nowadays. You can replace your cable guard with an adjustable one, or you can change slides that move the cables closer to the arrow.

A shoot through system that does not use a cable guard completely eliminates this problem.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the information guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts