Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting for almost 7 weeks my Carbon Matrix RKT came in. Upon close inspection the Max 1 camo had cracks all over it & one of the limb pocket assemblies was scratched to the metal . I am disappointed that they would have let it left the factory like that .Seems like Quality Control is lacking in a couple of companies, not what I expected for a $1300.00 plus dollar bow. I am disappointed to say the least, looks like i'll drag the MATHEWS back out to whack the X's till this gets resolved.

·
Registered
269 Posts
thats a shame, my martix is perfect but its not rkt. it would piss me off as well, i'm sure hoyt will take care of it. i was thinking of upgrading to a rkt element. my vector turbo is perfect but it probably wasnt made on the same day yours was. hope you get it all sorted they are great bows.

·
Registered
771 Posts
https://plus.google.com/photos/101590261404200714603/albums/5694141735562645489 - I agree, that is why I went with all blackout.. my limb pocket retainers (aluminum) was also damaged, but Hoyt made it right. The CAMO 2012 Matrix I have the CAMO is cracking all over. I am selling the Matrix and Never EVER going to purchase another in camo, but I have to admit the Blackout RKT just rocks. When all was resolved Hoyt made it right. They went as far as sending me a dozen Easton FMJs and really took good care of me for the troubles. That rocked! Stick with Hoyt, like every manufacturer out there they could have had a guy on the QA line pissed off, drunk or sleeping that day or it was a man with Male PMS or a Woman with PMS that day that just missed your bow.... Hoyt still rocks, stick with them. I have had my share of poorly delivered BowTechs and Mathews also, so it can happen. Sorry to hear you had those problems but ask Hoyt to make it right and they will.

·
Gold Supporting Archer
9,756 Posts
I got a Carbon Matrix Plus in black,,, it was flawless until riding on my ATV to my treestand.

Shoots to kill too !!! Killer machine

·
Sandgate Archery
4,028 Posts
I have a Katera XL, A Maxxis 35, a 2010 Carbon Matrix and a Vector Turbo all are excellent bows. Sorry for your issues, they do make great bows IMO.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
771 Posts
yep! Hoyt will make it right .... every company can have issues, it is if they "man up" that makes them worthy of your business and they will I assure you.... they did me.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yeah, the camo just SUCKS BIG TIME ON HOYTS! IDK why just a fact. Never did like camo so that is why I opt for the Blackout... but I have seen a few Hoyt Matrix in blackout poorly finished as well. Every Hoyt Camo I have seen is cracking bad. Just worthless but Hoyt claims "that is just what will happen and is a natural process" I call BS! They need to get their camo better but then again I have seen poor limbs from Mathews and BowTech as well peeling and flaking as well. I would not tolerate this in any bow even if I spend $500 but at over $1,200 it sure as hell better not have issues.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Seems like an over priced bow.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i dont know why i dont like the new rkt cam from hoyt i just cant hold it back on any of there bow for me the fuel cam was a better feel for me with a short draw. but i really like the camo hoyt does sad to see your disappointed with it

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just orderd a hoyt rampage xt,8 weeks i have to wait for it,if it turns up like this i will not be happy,the joys of archery down under i suppose

·
Registered
771 Posts
welll sorry, just wait a while... I have a Matrix 2011 and 2012 camo cracking... again a reason I never went with camo, my two Black Matrix and CE 2012 Element are flawless... all my camo Hoyt Bows especially the Carbon Risers have issues

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to make this clear, for all my AT friends - I dont want you guys to think I am trying to bash Hoyt. I am going to give them a go, I have shot PSE,High Country,Martin,Mathews,Browning -I think thats all & I have had some sort of issue with all of them. I 'm just saying that I want these companies to pay closer attention to their products.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think they are having problems with the film dipping on their carbon bows only, I think . The finish on their anodized target bows is the best ive ever seen.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Reordered my Carbon Matrix RKT, Black riser--Max 1 limbs its ON !

1 - 20 of 31 Posts