Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have read Javi's posts on cam.5 tuning and I have heard folks talk about how tuning these 2 different cams the same way. my question is this...on the bottom cam of the cam.5 plus there are the lines that the limb is supposed to be between (pretty wide range if ya ask me) and then there is another line about a half inch away ...whats up with that? what about the little circle on it too? do they not mean anything?

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
For the Katera XL and Kobalt the limb should lie between the straight marks. For all other models the limb should lie between the round marks. This is what the manual says. There is a large range there and the limbs don't have to be centered. Follow Javis inst. and make sure draw stops are timed correctly & you should be fine.

·
Back Yard Champion
29,713 Posts
For the Katera XL and Kobalt the limb should lie between the straight marks. For all other models the limb should lie between the round marks. This is what the manual says. There is a large range there and the limbs don't have to be centered. Follow Javis inst. and make sure draw stops are timed correctly & you should be fine.
Times 2

·
Member # 75
3,487 Posts
Hoyt ceased engraving the timing marks on the cams because people were getting wrapped around the spindle and obsessing over exact placement of the timing marks.

the bows will shoot fine anywhere in the range and you can get your DL with multiple settings of cam size, cam start position, and module setting. And with different DW ranges and draw characteristics from the same limbs used therefor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts