Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ancient Hoyt Cybertec with a cam 1/2 that is my hunting bow. As much as I try to replace it I just can't seem to let it go. I have taken elk, deer, bear caribou and a host of small game a pretors with it. Lats year I had new string and cables built and installed and it was shooting lights out. I got in to shooting traditional gear for the last year and pretty much let the compound bow sit. It was shooting FP and BH in the same hole but now the BH are impacting high and right. It paper tunes vey well but I noticed the top cam is over rotated in relation to the bottom came. Strangely the tune marks I made on the limbs still seem to be on the lines. The new string does have a fixed yoke vice the floating yoke. Any suggestions what the problem could be and a fix. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Most likely, the time off has changed your form a little. Just shoot it for a few days and see if you readjust to the bow.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been shooting it pretty regularly for the last month. I know the difference between a form issue from a tune issue.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
How does it shoot? How are your broadheads flying compared to your field points?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Shoot a bare shaft and go from there.

Is everything in spec after the string changes? Draw weight. Holding weight. Ata and brace height close?

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ATA and Brace height are in spec. The only thing I can see is the cams are not timing the same. Top cam over rotated by about a 1/4 inch. I have not been able to get it on paper but I shot it at my blank bale in the basement and bare shaft is flying pretty good. Nice straight impact pretty close to fletched impact. I don't want to really play with paper tune and rest movement until I get the cams timed first. My groups with FP's are very good and the bow does not seem bad but screw on a fixed BH (VPA) and they are impacting 6" right and 8" high (consistent group).

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Give your control cable 1 twist and see where that puts you. If your top cam is still fast, keep putting in 1/2 twists until the cams are in synch. That should fix your high impacts. If you are still hitting right, give your right yoke a twist and take one twist out of the left and see if that makes a difference. Post results after trying that.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions. Hoping to get to the club tonight so I can access the press. This is the first static Yoke I have had on a string so was not sure what twists to it would do.

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update. Was a combination of problems with the bow. Nock point was high and rest needed to move left. Control cam needed 1 1/2 twists to sink the cams. And lastly I was over rotating my draw arm bringing my elbow behind my back contributing to right impacts. Glad to be stacking arrows again with my broad heads.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
cool. i was gonna suggest moving your knock point. if bows is specs and strings were the right length, this is often the culprit. nice job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts