Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking for a new to me bow and a friend of mine has a hoyt for sale but it has the cam and a half system on it . i was wondering if there are any timing issues with this system. i am very familiar with 2 cam systems and solocams but i have never used this system. it would seem to me that any stretch in the string or cables would be a disaster. i need some good information on the reliability of this system before i buy, thanks in advance for all the input.

·
Lowered expectations
17,104 Posts
It's a proven system that has been in use by top competition shooters for years and years.

As with any type of compound bow, there are timing/rotation issues, but as long as you have a good quality string/cable set that's initially set up properly, you will not have a problem.

·
registered
1,028 Posts
cam.5

My friend and I have easily been able to time our Hoyt cam.5 bows (counting my daughter that is 5 bows) using the method described by Javi. Once timed they have stayed in spec very well. Great system!

·
registered
1,028 Posts
setup

I don't know but you can do a seach on Javi and find his instruction thread and make a decision then. My friend and I had never worked on a bow before and we became able to change cables, strings and set it up with confidence after following his method once. You might try the search for him under tuning? Never mind the link is a couple of posts back so you shouldn't have to search for it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't know but you can do a seach on Javi and find his instruction thread and make a decision then. My friend and I had never worked on a bow before and we became able to change cables, strings and set it up with confidence after following his method once. You might try the search for him under tuning? Never mind the link is a couple of posts back so you shouldn't have to search for it.
Found it thanks. I've been tuning my sr71 and have been trying to get out this vibration that wasn't there when I first got it. That guide should help me understand the cam and a half system better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts