Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting at 29.25" (AMO) "F" setting and want to compare my shooting with the draw length 1/2" less at "E". I would guess I will lose about 5 fps, which can't be regained since the bow is already at max weight.

Will changing DL a half inch require any change in tuning? Do I have to paper tune again? Do I have to creep tune again?

· Back Yard Champion
35,919 Posts
In a word, No.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.

· Registered
6,483 Posts
Actually cam 1/2's were designed to be tuned in the D slot for a given cam. After tuning you can adjust it to any slot you would like without doing anything. Back in my cam 1/2 days I have found the E slot to be the best actually better than the F slot and used to order my bows accordingly. You will not lose that much preformance even though your giving up a 1/2 " closer to what Dale said about 3fps.

· Registered
3,243 Posts
Pretty much right on with above comments. You lose 1/2" of power stroke,\ so you will have to make small adjustments with your sight, especially at longer distance. It's always a good idea to recheck your nock point with a square and make sure your cams are still timed, which they should be.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.