Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

I need a little help here. My Razortec needs new cam bearings and I would like to know what is the best way to replace these bearings without damaging the cams. The pro shop where I got the bow is not comfortable changing these bearings for me and the next nearest hoyt dealer is 5 hours away. I am a mechanic and I have the skill and equipment to replace these bearings myself but would like to know if there is a "recommended" or "preferred" method of replacing these bearings.Thanks :)

BC4bowhunter

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have a bearing press I made years ago that can be used with a drill press. You use the drill press to press the bearings out and the new in. If you would like I can send a picture if the simple tools used that you can make.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would appreciate some pics Bowdoctor. Has anyone had to replace the bearings on a hoyt cam1/2 yet? Would this be maybe covered under warranty? I talk to the pro shop where I bought the bow and he couldn't give me a straight answer. I like to get this bow together soon. :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Most new bearings in the cams are a little loose, not tight....but that is OK! Do not let kust a tad of movment bother you.

BUT IF you think they are too loose call and talk to Hoyt, they will tell you the same and ask you to send the bow in for a check up.

As far as the pictures goes.....I will have to take some and post them it looks like. :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
780 Posts
give hoyt a call, their # is on their site. www.hoytusa.com
best of luck

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wouldn't the bearings be covered under the life time warranty offer on Hoyt Bows?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts