Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoyt Cam Question

I have a 2010 Hoyt Maxxis with XR-3 Cams and XR-3A modules. The lowest draw length I can go is 27". I would like to change whatever I need to so when Im at full draw, I'm not right at the peak of the valley. For this, is there just a different mod I can buy? Or do I need to change the whole Cam to a #2? And if so, what does the mod need to be? A or B? Thanks

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
So are you looking to change your length longer? or shorter?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to keep it the same, but right now, I'm at the peak of the valley, so when I'm at full draw the bow is ready to jump with the very slightest let up. I'd like to change whatever I need to, to be in the middle or end of that let up cycle. I could stand to go down to 26.5" but 27" is fine.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
If that cam system is the same as the new ones you will have to have a mod change . There should be a range from like 26-28 in half inch increments before you would have to change your cam out to the next cam up. But like i said i'm not familiar with that older cam system just going off the newer stuff

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mod is a XR-3A, but I'm not sure what means. Thanks for the help. Just not sure on what I have. Also, can newer cams fit on my bow? Like CRX cams or even newer cams?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I doubt it to do that you need a new bow but in certain circumstances i've seen it work. I would def go to your local pro shop and talk to them about what you got going on they will be able to help you out quite a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts