Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a 2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo all black with 60-70 pound limbs and #3 Z5 cam. It has been my backup bow and has been shot very little. I have thought about selling it and would like to know what they sell for as well.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The last carbon spyder turbo zt that I bought was $550.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
The last carbon spyder turbo zt that I bought was $550.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
What year? And whats your draw length? I had a 2014 and a 2015 ZT at 30" which was a little short for me, my wife had one at 25" draw. The ZT was 10 fps faster, but would rip your shoulder out of socket and scare all the deer away if you had to let down. The 2014 was pretty good, They are probably going for $500-$600 range. There are better bows for less money out there IMO. I would buy am Xpedition (my choice is the Denali at 3.9 pounds) 13 fps faster with a 7" brace than the Turbo with a 6" brace, better back wall, better camo that holds up and adjustable draw stops, much easier to tune and you can find them cheaper, if you have a shorter draw length there are even faster options in the Xpedition line, A PSE with the Evolve cam is another option (I like the cams, but not the rest of the bow). The older Elite Energy bows are a fantastic option and can be had under $400. I'm sure there are other good choices too.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I’m not a Hoyt guy but man I loved the carbon spyder. I thought it was a really great bow

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im not sure the year, seller did not say. my draw length is 28.5. I want to upgrade from my bear cruzer since I know have the founds to buy a much better bow (Hoyt)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
What year? And whats your draw length? I had a 2014 and a 2015 ZT at 30" which was a little short for me, my wife had one at 25" draw. The ZT was 10 fps faster, but would rip your shoulder out of socket and scare all the deer away if you had to let down. The 2014 was pretty good, They are probably going for $500-$600 range. There are better bows for less money out there IMO. I would buy am Xpedition (my choice is the Denali at 3.9 pounds) 13 fps faster with a 7" brace than the Turbo with a 6" brace, better back wall, better camo that holds up and adjustable draw stops, much easier to tune and you can find them cheaper, if you have a shorter draw length there are even faster options in the Xpedition line, A PSE with the Evolve cam is another option (I like the cams, but not the rest of the bow). The older Elite Energy bows are a fantastic option and can be had under $400. I'm sure there are other good choices too.
Agree ^^
I owned a 2014 CST and a matrix
I now own a Denali,other than wishing I had 60# limbs instead of 70 I couldn’t be happier.
Only bow I’ve owned that shoots as good is a Mathews chill x, it’s all personal preference of course
The Denali is not going anywhere unless I trade it for a Denali with 60# limbs, it’s the best pure hunting bow ever produced in my opinion!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

im not sure, the seller did not say. don't really trust him to. my draw length is 28.5. I want to upgrade from my bear cruzer since I know have the founds to buy a much better bow (Hoyt)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2014 Carbon Spyder Turbo all black with 60-70 pound limbs and #3 Z5 cam. It has been my backup bow and has been shot very little. I have thought about selling it and would like to know what they sell for as well.

If you do decide to sell let me know. I would be more than interested to buy.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
I own a 014 CST which I could be parting with shortly. Having said that I feel it’s one of Hoyt’s finest. I am going to trad and speed bows are just not in my future.
You just can’t go wrong with the CST.
My opinion of Course.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
IMO Hoyt hasn’t made a better bow since the spyders, Carbon and aluminum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts