Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K., I shoot a mathews Icon and really like it. I have never shot a Hoyt but I have an idea that should end this controversy forever! All of you Hoyt shooters get your bow tuned up, shoot a group of ten or twelve arrows and measure the circumfrence of the group. Now turn one limb all of the way down and the other most of the way out and reshoot the same arrows and measure the size of the group. You all can post the results on this web site. If several hundred of you do it, we should see a pattern develop. I am quite sure what we will see in the results. If Hoyt's claim is true, it should not effect anything. I can't believe that it won't. It is hard to understand why any bow manufacturer would even make this stupid claim!! No one would do it in the first place. It looks like they are trying to draw customers who are not very experienced in archery and think this claim is a fact. Anyway, you Hoyt guys screw those limbs crooked and fire away, I will be anxious to see the results. Remember, be truthfull!!!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
That won't test it, you need to twist cables to throw the timing off and somewhere on this site is a post from Dave Cousins about what happened to him when he tried it, bascially nothing.

Playing with the limb bolts will throw off different things than timing.

--Bob

·
Registered
179 Posts
:D

Just when you think people have got bored with all this, someone stirs it up again.

BOB H is correct - limb bolts will do nothing to your timing anyway.

I have played with the cables though, and yes you can affect the timing - but it doesn't matter, as it still shoots great - fact!

Shall I test it again to end the controversy....... nah, think I'll just carry on nailing that X and letting everyone else worry about it ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have an idea that should end this controversy forever!

Yeah, right!!!

End it for who????

This is really getting old....why do you bring this up???

Do you expect anyone to see the results and say, "well damn, I guess I'll just get rid of this Hoyt"????

Not picking on you.....just some of us (most of us) are tired of hearing about the arguement....the last thing we want to do is do some testing......go shoot and have fun.....let the manu.'s worry about what they print!!!

Good shooting!!!:D

maco12
:cool:

·
Registered
286 Posts
out of curiosity, why is it that the mathew shooters are those who continually question hoyt? our local mathew shooters bring up the same discussions: hoyt is wrong, mathews is great.

the hoyt shooters in our area just shoot! one of our best area shooters recently switched from mathews to hoyt and continued to shoot great!

i believe that our local hoyt shop would love to get mathews dealership. mainly because mathews does a great job of advertising and it sells bows.

again, go out and shoot and have fun. get rid of your hard-on towards hoyt. it only holds you back!
:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
If it feels good in your hands then shoot it. I've shot both and have owned both. To me the hoyt feels a little better. does that mean hoyt is better, no, it just means it feels better to me. If a person comes into our shop wondering about the mathews/hoyt issue, I have them shoot both bows and make a decision on their own. Right now it is litterally 50/50. half like the hoyt the others like the mathews. And you know what the deciding factor is. Its not tunning ability, its not shootability, its not the quiteness, or the lack of hand shock. Its the grip. Some like the skinny grip others like a bigger grip. Still it doesn't hide the fact that both are very exceptional shooting bows. They are quite, little to no hand shock, and both are going to require some kind of tunning and maintnance. The grip in our shop has been the main factor. If it shoots good shoot it. Judge for yourself, don't let magazine ads be the judge for you. you be the judge.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
You know I think I might just go buy a Protec to help with the research :D

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
You M guys allways forget one thing. I could twist up the cables and or string on ANY BOW and make it shoot like s***, even the blessed solo cams!:p Why dont YOU try it with YOUR Icon and then give us the honest results. Or better yet just give it a rest allready!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts