Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I need some help. I have an 02 Ultra Tec w/ The Excel cam. I want to put the my 01 Master cams on it. The problem I have is with the poundage and getting the correct size cables. on it. The limbs that are on it now have a 62# deflection (which give me under 50# with the Excel cam). Hoyt tune charts say I need 58# limbs for 60#. (but my 01 UT with these cams only got my 59#). I just got off the phone with Hoyt and they said with cc #2 I need 64# limbs and 58# limbs for #3 cams. When I tried this last week I had the bow maxed out at like 75#. What should I do? I don't care if it goes up to 65# or so but 75-80# is a bit much. Why am I getting so much more weight out of these limbs?
Also the chart says I need a 53" string and 40" cables. The 01 and 02 UT have the same a to a. But the limbs on th 01 were 15" vs the 02 that has 14 1/4". But the riser on the 02 is longer than the 01 giving them the same a to a. Should I make the cables the same length as suggested for the 01?

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
The norm is for an increase in poundage when going from a single cam to dual cam on the same limbs. You should be around 70lbs with those 62 limbs.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that it is going to go up in # I already said that I tried it. But the thing is this. The bow doesn't get 50# with the Excel Cam(Thats why I bought it). As I already said I called Hoyt and looked at the Tune Chart it says I need 58 deflection for 60#. 62 deflection limbs should give me 64#. I have 62 deflection limbs. My point is 62# deflection limbs are 62# deflection limbs. No matter what.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Oh I see you put #62 limbs on the excel cam bow but only get under 50lbs. If you check out the deflection chart for a 2001 UT with versa cams #62 limbs are 50lbs for 26-27 inch draw #58 for 28-30 inch. The versa and excel cams are pretty similar. Since cybertec with versacam has a 304 ibo speed and with excel has a 303 speed.
Shortening your cables should get you 50lbs. With the master cams should be around mid to high 60's what's the brace height like? Try to get it around 6 1/2" .

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ian

THe bow came w/ 50lbs limbs and the Excel cam. I don't like single cams. I bought it with the intention of changing it to Master cams (thats why I bought it with 50lb limbs). Hoyt said 62# deflection would give me 64lbs. But I am getting over 75. What size string and cables do I need?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I am told that the limb pivots on onecams differed from 2 cams, maybe with the other pivots the weight will be more to your liking.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Xs24-7

Never thought of that. The guy at Hoyt didn't either.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on man you were supposed to know that. See how your local Archery Shop messes you up. LOL;)

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adam I am trying to put twin cams on the bow. So the limbs not being as stuff should be a good thing right?

Nino I will just have to send people to the other shop then. LOL

·
Registered
745 Posts
limbs

The limb deflection used on last years single cams were very heavy. I really don't study much limbs deflection. I can usually guess what poundage I will get from the cams. I know last year that if you took a single cam and put 2 cams on it you would gain at least 13lbs. I would say that since you are trying the master cams you will gain 15 to 17. You can see a big difference in the thickness of a single cam limb vs. a 2 cam. Have you tried the short rockers?

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I though thte same thing. That is why I figured a 50 lb single cam bow would be perfect and the deflection on the limb confirmed it. But I guess the rockers need to be switched also. I don't have a set of the short rockers.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
ha ha ha ha ha ha Sending them to that other shop would not be a nice thing to do to them, that is just evil. :D

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are you talking about he is a great bow tec and an all around great person. He also has good prices with tons of stuff in stock. ;) :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts