Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering how far away from the closest dealer you have to be yo get a dealership? Our shop is 65 miles away from the closest shop and we were turned down then the next month the MBH newsletter comes out and it has pics of that dealer and the rep on a bear hunt ........ looks kinda fishy to me...

·
Archery Coach
23,298 Posts
we too were turned down yet another shop got one closer to an older dealership then we were to the one that allegedly caused us not to get one. Distance has nothing to do with it-a city 100 miles from us has three dealers within 20 miles.

Its what ever the rep wants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You've been wronged.

theres a dealer less than a mile from me, and then the next one is 25 miles away. then another 35 miles away in the other direction that also sells Hoyt. I believe your getting screwed dude.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hell they just throw them where ever they want I know up in Michigan there are 5 dealers within 25 miles of each other 2 of them are on the same street and one of them is a tire dealership with a Hoyt dealership now go figure that one out.......

What a Joke, they are also now selling there bows to all the discount shops including Cabelas, Supposed to be a pro shop bow only, just another reason why I will never carrie Hoyt in my store.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I agree with what Stone says. Hoyt just wants to sell bows any way they can to whoever they can. Hoyt cares nothing about thier dealers only about "whoring" thier bows .

I can say this becasue I was a Hoyt dealer. I won't be a dealer for them again till they start respecting thier dealers.

:mad:

·
Archery Coach
23,298 Posts
Yet in greater cincinnati they only had one dealership (that is now going out of business) for the whole area and OUTTECH told us that we were too close to them (20 miles but at least a 35 minute drive). Yet, they allowed another club/range a dealership that was in a less dense area to get hoyt and this new dealership was as close to an even older hoyt dealership then we were to the one in question. columbus BTW had three in a short distance from one another

The Rep was originally going to give us recurves (our specialty) but the now defunct shop complained and the OUTTECH rep said he couldn't upset this guy even though this now dead dealership sold less recurves in its entire lifespan then we did in our first year of business (we can buy hoyt through LAS for recurves).

short sighted since several of my top ranked juniors who are well known on the JUnior USAT circuits went to PSE

·
Registered
287 Posts
25 - 30 miles is the norm.....however, population is taken into consideration.....that's what is considered standard.

Yes, Hoyt sell their lower priced model bows to large stores like Gander Mtn....etc. However, the "pro series"(more expensive) are only sold at Pro shops.

Dealer to dealer.....Archeryboy and Stonecold....what is is the "respect" that you seek from Hoyt??? (or any manufacturer).

I'm just curious. Personally, I've had no trouble at all with Hoyt and I have 2 large stores (Gander Mtn and Dick's Sporting Goods) within 10 miles of my shop. Maybe I'm naive, I'm just wondering what I'm "missing" when it comes to respect.

maco12
:cool:

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may want to ask the Hoyt rep why you didn't get their line. Have you done this? I'm sure they would give you some kind of explanation.
I would guess that Hoyt, Mathews, PSE, etc. have certain requirements or standards that must be fulfilled by the dealer before they set one up. Maybe you didn't qualify according to their requirements.
Whats wrong with a dealer going on a hunt with a Hoyt rep??? Many business reps take their best customers out for lunch/dinner/fishing/hunting as a thank you for being such a good customer. Nothing wrong with that.
If you suspect that something illegal is going one/backroom $$ changing hands, etc. - well thats another issue. Based on the info in your post, I don't see anything fishy whatsoever. IMO of course.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
There are 3 within 25 miles of each other here. All of them sell Hoyt and Matt. Bowtech's are only at one place beacause they actually DO honor the dealers area rights. I think their jerkin your chain.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Let me tell you why I would not sell Hoyt in my shop.

#1 They stack Dealers on top of one another, in most cases
#2 They obiousley do not care about there Dealers that much if they sell to discount houses.
#3 The people in these discount shops are not usually qualified to work on the bows there for they set them up wrong and the bow does not preform right and guess what the customer bad mouths the company and word of mouth goes a long ways, which leads to less sells of that product
#4 We the pro shops are the ones that made these good manufactures succsessfull, then they think they should get more money so the sell to the discout shop and for a lower price which we cannot compete with. and a lot of customers do not know there are pro shop bows and discout shop bows they just think of Hoyt as Hoyt. Hoyt makes The reflex bow they should just keep that one in the discount house. But I do not have to worry about this stuff cause I choose not to sell products that I have to try and compete with Mathews is a great line for me and they care about their dealers and know they are the heart and soul of there buisness, as well as bowtech they have the same mantality
we have had great luck with bolth of these companies and they do not stack dealers on top of dealers.:)

·
74,535 Posts
Hoyt

They will not even consider a shop here in my home town. Two shops didnt make it and the rep wont come back here. I tried to get the local dealer now and thats what he was told. No promblem, he got Botech and Parker. There loss. Hoyt and Mathews are sure getting big for there britchs. Maybe Pearson, Botech, Martin and some of these other companies will slip in while there fighting it out.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We have two Hoyt dealers within a mile and a half of each other with the second one being a shop built out behind his house in a residential neighborhood. The other shop had Hoyts line for 15 years before the second dealership was granted... this was simply a matter of the rep wanting to sell more bows..... Obviously no distance requirement here......

Market analysis..... we're 2.5 hours from the nearest city over 15,000 population and we have only 12,000 within city limits. Between retail stores and Proshops we actually have 6 places to buy Archery gear within a 18 mile radius...... really tough for anyone to make it exclusively on archery

·
74,535 Posts
SPC

You hit it right on the head. Reps can be bad deal. If you got the money then you should be offered the oppertunity to try regardless of past dealers.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Need Help from Hoyt dealers

Hi

I have a lady friend Bush, Lousiania that got her Hoyt dealership yesterday !!!!!!!

She needs help on order the right mix of bows

Can anyone help her please????

Any Hoyt dealers here?
Hoyt Shooters????

She has to take 5 bows

She has a good Supply of Parkers in Stock

She has 25 used bows too.

What mix Razortech ? Cybertec Ultratec?
In what order???

Her clientele is 100% bow hunting for deer and hogs

Thanks

TINK NATHAN

·
Registered
172 Posts
so much fuss..

ok, Cabella's does NOT carry Hoyt. Just take a peek in the magazine. They carry only Reflex. Hoyt does have DEALER PROTECTION rights to certain dealers. Yes you can have a line of them down a street, but only 1 will carry the Pro Shop bows. Mathews, they can not have another dealership within a 50 mile radius, that is how they work.
It is up to the rep tp decide who carries gets the protective rights, based on sales. And there is nothing wrong with a rep and a client going on hunts, that is business. Whether it be lunch or dinner, or a hunt, that is all in a business relationship.

Gander Mountain only carries MT Sports and MagnaTecs, because they are set up strictly for the bowhunter, not 3D or speed freaks. Gander Mountain also carries PSE, Reflex, Darton,Golden Eagle, Buckmaster, Fred Bear, Parker, High Country, Browning, and Martin. The bows that are there are just basic bottom line to mid level for the averge bowhunter. 90% of bows bought in this industry are bought STRICTLY for bowhunting only, not 3D & hunting, just plain bowhunting.
So they do not need the Pro Shop bows. And these "discount houses" do not get o shop bows either.
Dick's carries bottom line also, heck, if you loko, the even sell refurbished bows. I als seen them sell Hoyt's with the FX limbs, so Pro Shops should not be worried.
As far as bad rap for shops not having experience to work on a bow, then they should not be working on one or have been hired to work on one. You can not blame that on the rep. The rep can come in when requested by any archery shop and do a tech talk, just ask, any rep from any company will be more than happy to do so, so don't blame Hoyt or Outtech for the problem. I am sure that the shop with the bad experienced workers, work on all bow manufactuer lines that they carry, so let's not subject it to just Hoyt bows.
This is a competitive world, and business is just that. Obviously with Mathews advertising against Hoyt, they are a little disturbed and are losing sales because they have dropped from being the dominant bow company as of late, and Hoyt is getting sales back up once again. But then Mathews should realize that, oh maybe 80% plus Mathews dealers also carry Hoyt... If Mathews was not so worried, they would not put all this marketing and advertising into all these magazines or as much. Did you know that almost of not more than a $100.00 for EVERY Mathews bow sold, goes into advertising, hence 6 page COLOR ads no less....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did you know that 95% of all Bow reps do not know how to work on bows right!!! Give the discount shops a tech lesson well that is probley why they don't know what the hell they are doing or mabey it's because they hire kids to do techs work .

And I beg to differ with you on Cabelas Caring Hoyt's Look again, I know for a fact in Minnisota they have the full line in House.

If Us the pro shops got to sell the low end bows there would be no reason to have the discount shop, but that is ok when we all go out of buisness because of all the cheep a$$es out there, you will not have a place to have your bow correctley set up or fixed when you have a problem, the one thing you can not beat is good customer service.

Mathews is not on the back burner belive it if you want, and there ads sell bows. At least I see it this way the company must be doing something right to be where they are today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts