Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new Hoyt Dorado Black Limbs @40#, I purchased the bow but have swapped out the limbs. I no longer need these.

These are formula limbs and are compatible with any Formula Hoyt riser including the GM II, Tiburon, Buffalo and Dorado. PM for pics.

$240 TYD

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
The Dorado series does not accept F-Series limbs. Do you have a pic of the limb butts?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$_57.jpg

I'm actually 100% sure these are Formula limbs as I am using different Formula limbs on the riser without any modifications.

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
The Formula limbs have a wider spacing between the limb but and pivot point. Your limbs are similar in spacing to ILF to fit the Hoyt button on a Dorado or Gamemaster. They are very nice limbs and that is a great price, I have the same in Camo.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Im with Centershot on this one. I am on my third Dorado so I am very familar. Dorado limbs are conventional boltdowns. Good luck selling them. If you have formula limbs on your Dorado I would love to see a picture of it. I did not think that was even possible at all.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yikes you guys scared me for a minute as I thought I was doing something wrong. I have contacted Hoyt and gotten confirmation that any Formula limb that uses their paralever set-up is compatible with the Dorado. I have a pair of F4's and may be purchasing F7's to compare. I will take pictures if you want later when I get home. :smile:

·
Registered
9,768 Posts
Not trying to ague with you on your own post, but I own 2 Dorados and have owned a Buffalo - the limbs were not interchangeable. I may have to call Hoyt because unless they have changed the Dorado since the 2014 catalog came out, the pictures confirm that the Dorado and Gamemaster II have a different limb attachment and spacing than the Tiburon and Buffalo.

If you have a set of Formula limbs - compare the limb butts and measure from the butt to the ILF or bushing hole w/ the Dorado limbs. On the Formula limbs the spacing is longer buy about 1 1/2". Hoyt has a series of limbs called F(something) that are ILF and that could be the confusion. Look at pages 41 and 43 of the 2014 catalog and compare the locations of the ILF buttons.

At any rate here is a bump for you and good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I own a buffalo, tiburon, and a gamemaster II. have owned several dorados. As noted above already, the buffalo and tiburon interchange limbs and use the formula paralever system. The GM II and dorado use ILF spacing limbs with hoyt blind bushings. The paralever limbs and GM-Dorado will not interchange; completely different limbs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
And to confuse the issue a bit more, listed in these ads you will see an older Tiburon, which Hoyt made. It became the Gamemaster. It does use the limbs you are selling. The current, resurrected Tiburon for 2014 uses the formula system with its wider spacing. The current Tiburon looks like a short Ion-X target riser without the limb alignment adjustment. You have very nice limbs that have proven to be fast shooters for the old tiburon, gamemaster/GM II, and dorado.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.