Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the Hoyt Excel in 21", how dose it compare to say the Gamemaster & Dorado. I am looking to set up for barebow three under for 3D & field. Any pics of your set up and experiences with the riser, pros and cons.
Cheers ****....

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
yes

Have excel with g-3 limbs and also 990 hoyt limbs.. great shooting.. 21 inch riser shoots as good as my game master tech riser.. maybe wait and get specs on that riser fred is shooting e-mail hoyt or go to fita site and post pics as some of the hoyt techies are on there as well as the very informed ... :darkbeer:

·
Registered
20,759 Posts
**** -

The Excel is an ILF riser and the GM isn't. IMHO, that's enough to blow the GM out of the water, IF you're making a comparison. (There's nothing wrong with the GMs, but once you get used to the ILF weight adjustment feature, kinda hard to go back.)

My wife has been shooting one for about a year and the only issue I've had with it is that she won't let me use it as often as I'd like.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I have an Excel 23" riser that I paired up with Medium Sky recurve limbs, 66" in total, length. It's a super setup, very forgiving, super easy to tune, and with 57lbs limbs they'll put the hurt on anything I'm aiming at.

I have to admit I will probably look to pick up a Morrison Ilf for hunting and keep the Hoyt for target and 3d.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have been shooting a 21" Excel with a set of Black Max Carbon limbs and it's just great.
The BM short limbs make for a 62" bow thats fast and handles very good. I'm using a springy rest and 400 carbons and getting 204 fps @ 54lbs.
One of the best buys out there for the money!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps any pics of your setup...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts