Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys shoot the Hoyt Faktor. Went to the archery shop with a friend who wants to buy his first bow. The owner of the shop set up the Faktor, a Mathews Creed and a Mathews Monster Chill all at 55 pounds. He shot a lot of shots from all 3 bows and fell in love with the Faktor. I couldn't believe the difference in speed between the 3 bows all set at the same poundage. By far the Faktor shot the fastest. The creed shot so slow and even at 20 yards in barely penetrated the target and even had a lot of arch for such a short distance. I was just wondering if any of you guys shoot the Faktor and if so how do you like it? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
That was actually what made my decision between the Faktor and the Creed. At 29" DL and 70 lbs shooting same arrow Cantor was 14fps faster. I bought a used Creed at a great price and will say I get better grouping with the Creed up to 30 yds but the Hoyt is flatter and more forgiving in judging distance.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
The faktor is an awesome bow. Pretty quick too.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I am really getting comfortable with my Faktor after I had my D-loop shortened a hair to fit my DL.

One problem I'm having is with my Spot Hogg 5-pin site, the pins are so close together due to how flat it shoots that the top and bottom pins are crowding the center pin so close that (a) it's very busy in the site-window and (b) 20 and 60 yard pins have to be drawn in so tight that they are not centered with the vertical wire in my sight. Not sure what to do about this. It's not as much of a problem at 20 but when I stretch out to 50-60 yards it throws my shot off center.

·
Registered
11,289 Posts
I am really getting comfortable with my Faktor after I had my D-loop shortened a hair to fit my DL.

One problem I'm having is with my Spot Hogg 5-pin site, the pins are so close together due to how flat it shoots that the top and bottom pins are crowding the center pin so close that (a) it's very busy in the site-window and (b) 20 and 60 yard pins have to be drawn in so tight that they are not centered with the vertical wire in my sight. Not sure what to do about this. It's not as much of a problem at 20 but when I stretch out to 50-60 yards it throws my shot off center.
You can adjust that so it lines back up with the vertical wire. I forgot which set of screws adjust it but it can be done!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Love mine

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

There is a screw in the pin that extends or retracts the pin so you can align it to center.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I bought a faktor 30 2 months ago. spared no expenses decking it out... i shot the chill r, didn't shoot the creed, shot the zit or whatever it is, a few bowtechs and an elite.. honestly, i still like the chill r. just seems like its smoother overall. i bought the factor though, because i had a mathews preciously that i didn't like... stupid.. nothing truly wrong with the one i bought, its fast, its not as quiet as the mathews, but i thought the fit and finish on it was head and feet over the bowtechs, better than the elite which i thought was uncomfortable to shoot, and was very very close to the chill r. can't really go wrong either way, i just for whatever reason think that the chill r might've been a better choice looking back.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Don't shoot one or you will be coming home with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts