Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am rapidly losing my fight against it. I have never owned a Hoyt bow, never wanted anything other than my Q2, but made the mistake of shooting a couple of them the other day....now, well, it's time. Obviously, the VTEC is tempting, but might be too lofty a goal. The one that has my attention is a 2003 Cybertec at the local pro shop. After shooting this one I was ready to forsake all others. I am on my way up there right now, and if he is serious about wanting to sell it, I am gonna give him every opportunity. This Hoyt fever is a powerful, powerful thing.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Come on over to the light!!!! I had a Mathews Icon a while back, and once I got my X Tect I have not looked back for a second!!! :teeth: JMO, but I think that it is one of the best shooting bows on the market today!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Glad to hear the good news!!! :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Have you ever shot the ULTRATEC??? :shade:

Good Luck!, Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ultratec

Dave, never shot the ultratec...looked at one, but they didn't have a 28" lefty for me to shoot. I have never owned a bow with a brace height under 7", but may not be able to say that tomorrow.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I also made the mistake of shooting a Hoyt, I too was hit with Hoyt fever! Now I have a HavocTec and a ViperTec and have also never looked back! Good luck and welcome to "TEAM HOYT". :thumbs_up

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have a Cybertec single cam, I don't know if it is an 02 or 03. Was the last year before the cam and a half. I was nervous about the short brace height as well. I don't think about it and just shoot. Not enough o's in smooth for that rascal.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome

Don't fight the feeling, give in :cool: The cybertech is a great bow. I have been shooting mine for 3 years now and I think I like it more now than when I bought it 3 years ago. I wanted to get a new Hoyt this year, but I could not talk myself into giving up my cybertech. Trust me, this is not a decision you will regret when you wake up the next morning :wink:

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
gave up my bowtech for an xtech, I love the thing.
bowtech makes a geat bow but hoyt is an excellent bow.
Bryan

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
new member of the family

This is what the kids think about the cybertec. The more I shoot it, the more I want it. My pro told me to take it home for the weekend and make up my mind. I love the muzzy rest, same as on my Q2...not too sure about the trophy ridge matrix sight, but I will give it a chance. The deal has gotten acceptable and I think my mind is made up. This thing is a shooter.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Congrats!

You got a great bow there! I have had one for 2 years now, and it is still laying 'em down. I wish Hoyt still made 'em! Wecome to the Hoyt "MOJO"!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sonora88

If I am not mistaken, you had two cybertecs for backups...I think I saw the pics in the research I did on this site. Glad to hear that you thought so much of the cybertec. I hope to make many memories with mine. I feel a little bit like a traitor for going over to another line, but I am getting over that quickly...business is business I guess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats! Nice lookin' young'un's. Great looking bow also! I have the TR matrix sites and love the vertical pin's. I wasn't sure at first, but after seeing how much more field of veiw it gave, I wouldn't do with out them now. I have the QT 4000 drop rest and like it alot, the TR drop zone is also a good rest for the Hoyt's.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
sosowingshooter said:

This is what the kids think about the cybertec. The more I shoot it, the more I want it. My pro told me to take it home for the weekend and make up my mind. I love the muzzy rest, same as on my Q2...not too sure about the trophy ridge matrix sight, but I will give it a chance. The deal has gotten acceptable and I think my mind is made up. This thing is a shooter.

sosowingshooter...cool pic with the kids...and an awesome looking bow!!! :thumbs_up

good luck, and keep us posted.

Dave

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Another Cybertec shooter here ('03 cam 1/2) I've owned four Hoyts over the past several years, and all of them were great shooters. The Cybertec is the best of them all that I've shot, and it would take a great bow to beat it. I would like to get my hands on one of the Supertecs and try it out, but if I bring another bow home I will be sleeping in my truck:D:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HardwoodsgreenH

The Matrix would take some getting used to. Little tiny pins, .019 I am guessing, that stick straight up from the bottom (I thought they all came down from the top on the TR sights) I am certainly going to keep it on there at this point, just don't know if it'll make the cut.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Switch

I just made the switch. I had a Legacy. I just bought an 05 Ultratec and love it so far. I do not see my self taking the "Switchback" :D .

·
Registered
754 Posts
Great looking kids and bow!!! I also shoot a Hoyt an ancient one in this day and time "Striker II". I bought it when it first came out in 98-99 time frame, I have shot it for so long and so much it feels like an extension of my body, therefore I'm really scared to even attempt to shoot a new Hoyt, I guess I could always use my Striker as a back up. Moving to Ohio this spring, new place, new hunting places, BIGGER DEER, yeah, I might need a new bow...next year.

As for the Matrix sight, each to his own, but I had one and by the end of the season I had taken all the pins out of it but two and by the next spring, I had put on TruGLo "Omega" moveable single...or was it the Cosmic? Same sight mine doesnt have the micro adjustments, I hunt , and I believe in the K.I.S.S. method. Anyway I think my Matrix is behind the back seat in my Tacoma, so if you get a good deal on that bow, but get abetter one w/out the site but you really want the site, let me know and I'll give you mine, all you have to do is replace the pins..not near as expensive as the site.....

·
Registered
293 Posts
You are correct Soso!

Here's my '03 with a cull buck I took

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
Whoop's forgot my other one

My '02 Cybertec, as you can tell I love the Cybertec ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts