Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently shoot an Apex 7.

Which TARGET bow from Hoyt, and in what configuration is going to feel the best to me.

I've shot, the Ultra ELite with spirals and xt 2000 limbs and liked it, the Vantage with the cam and a half and felt good and the Pro Elite with Cam and a half and 3000s.

I liked them all to some degree but because I shot them at all difffernt times it was hard to compare.

ALSO.......

What has changed on the Pro Elites over the years....i.e. from a 2005-2009 model.

Thanks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
hmmmm lets see

I have shot most of the hoyt target bows and I lean towards the pro elite with xt2000 limbs. It's very forgiving for me and makes plenty of speed for ASA. That being said I also have the new contender elite on the way with xt 3000 limbs, simply for the fact that it will have 7.75 in of brace height. Can't wait to see how it is gonna shoot. Any of the hoyt target line will out perform most of us, so imho there is no wrong choice. It all depends on what fits best and feels best to you. All this being said, the Ultra Elite will most likely be as close to what you are used to with the apex. Just a thought hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Yeah, the Ultra Elite or Contender Elite with 2000 limbs will yield the closest specs and string angle to your Apex 7. And Spiral or C2 cams will get you real close to the same speed.

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
Yeah, the Ultra Elite or Contender Elite with 2000 limbs will yield the closest specs and string angle to your Apex 7. And Spiral or C2 cams will get you real close to the same speed.
Two of my favorite bows were the A7 and an Ultratec with XT2000s and spirals. Very close in specs and shooting feel and the grips were in the same relative position.

·
Registered
18,464 Posts
With your draw length of 28.5" Id opt for the Pro Elite XT 2000 w/ spiral cam configuration in a 60 lb bow. Hard to beat the solid wall of the spirals. Don't think you would get any added benefit from the Xt3000 limbs, and the added couple inches of ata. As Bob Muley put it the Pro Elite Xt2000 with spirals will be the most similar to your A7.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...

Can someone put up the specs of the PEs?

·
Registered
18,464 Posts
2010 Contender Elite XT2000 in cam 1/2 would be worth looking at since you said you like the feel of the cam and 1/2 vs the Spiral. With the Xt2000 limbs and your draw the ata will be a tad over 38".

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear the Contender is a heck of a bow......

Can anybody tell me how the grip compares to an AM 35???

Is it similar feel when shooting both off the riser?

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey justin i just traded a guy my apex7 for an ultraelite w/ c2 and 2000 limbs, and im lovin it...Gotta buy a new hat though:confused:
Ha....I saw that!

Looks like its working pretty good too :wink:

Its tempting me all too much.......I shoot my A7s great.....just have got the urge to try something else.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts