Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bow mostly for hunting but I do like to shoot 3-d and field.
I want something that is smooth and easy to comfortable to shoot.

Whick would you recommend: Katera XL or 38 Pro?

Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would go with the Katera XL, but it's draw specific. If you can find one that isn't the right lenth. Then you would have to get new Z3's and strings. If you were looking for new. I would suggest the Maxxis in a 3 cam because of your draw lenth. It would make a great hunting and 3d bow.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I would second a Maxxis 35. I am most likely going to buy one to back up my target bows and my hunting bow. Can never have too many bows:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
If money is no object, I'd go with the Matrix. I'm not super-crazy about it's looks, but it's the sweetest bow I've ever shot. I think it would be perfect for both hunting & 3D.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
The Katera XL is also available in the cam 1/2 that is draw length adjustable

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Maxxis 35 has all the qualities you have described!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I am looking for a bow mostly for hunting but I do like to shoot 3-d and field.
I want something that is smooth and easy to comfortable to shoot.

Whick would you recommend: Katera XL or 38 Pro?

Thanks
I would go with a Alphamax or Maxxis 35 for a lady. They are alot lighter and easier for them to hold. Less fatigue after to many shots.(field)

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Contender w/ XT2000 limbs and Cam and 1/2. If you looking used then the Ultratecs and 737's would be top choices. All of these bows are in the 37-38" Axle to axle length with 7 - 7 1/2" Brace heights shooting around 310 IBO. This geometry has been proven over and over and just plain works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts