Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I am looking into purchasing a used Hoyt. Question I have is whats up with the different cams, eg. #1, #2, #3? My draw length is 28-28.5 depending on the bow. From what I understand, I am right in the middle of the #2 and #3 cams?? Which is better for my draw length and does it really matter? If I buy one, it will be 60-70 lbs. if that makes a difference. Everything I have found on here seems to give conflicting opinions. Whats your thought?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It depends on which cam/bow you are referring to. If you are looking at The Alphamax 32, Maxxis 31 or the Turbohawk with the XTR cam 28" is the overlapping size. The #2 cam at 28" will be 8-10 fps faster than the #3 cam at 28". The #3 cam will draw a little smoother. It becomes a matter of what are you looking for at this point. If you are really a 28.5" you will have to go with the #3 cam.

Seth

·
Banned
3,502 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the post fellas, and yes I am looking at an Alphamax. Currently I am shooting a Drenalin at 28, but have been told they draw longer than others? Seems the #2 cam would have better performance for my draw length.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
From what Ive heard and seen, the bow will always shoot better and more consistant with the cams maxed out. Maybe someone can elaborate more on this. I'm only a 26.5 draw and no cam max's out there so I wouldn't know first hand, but have heard this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts