Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question my archery friends.

I used to shoot with a high wrist grip or at least a medium one by a few pictures I looked through.

I am also thinking of going back top this style of grip as I was more consistant with it. Just seems that my pressure is not as consistant as it should be.

I was wonder if any one here has used one of the Hoyt Pro Grips High Wrist shown on the Hoyt website.
http://www.hoyt.com/accessories/pro_fit_custom_grips.php

Or maybe a Jager grip?
http://www.hoyt.com/accessories/pro_fit_custom_grips.php

I would like opinions of those that have used a grip like this and no hearsay please.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Absolutely no one has an experience with this style of grip?

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Matt go with the side plates!

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Well, there you go !!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I got the plates now and the regular wood grip but am leaning toward one of these to give me more consistancy as I change back to a medium to high grip.

·
Jager Archery
2,673 Posts
yeah I got the plates now and the regular wood grip but am leaning toward one of these to give me more consistancy as I change back to a medium to high grip.
If you want consistancy, try this one. It's not on the site yet, but it's coming.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So is it a dfferent style than you currently show or just a different color combo?

this appears to be more of a low wrist grip than a medium or high.

·
Jager Archery
2,673 Posts
So is it a dfferent style than you currently show or just a different color combo?

this appears to be more of a low wrist grip than a medium or high.
Look closely at the spine of the grip and you will see it's concave and not convex. It has the effect of being around a medium wrist for compound.

The ridges on either side of the grip give you a tactile indication of torque. The brain automatically balances it out after a bit.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the Hoyt wood high wrist grip on my AlphaMax32. I have big hands and the larger grip just felt better. Absolutely more accurite with it as opposed to the original thin grip.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Jager grip

I just received my fourth Jager grip,all my Hoyts have them.
The only grip i have found I can shoot cosistantly with.
waz

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cuthbert,

I did notice that upon closer inspection, Interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts