Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kicking the idea of getting a new Hyperforce. My current Hoyt is at 27.5" DL, my question is which cam the 1 or 2 cam would I get better results from. Just curious if I would see more speed between the two cams. Thanks!

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
If your dealer has both shoot both. But I would guess that the #1 cam would be the best in draw cycle. It closest to the longest draw setting, getting the most rotation. The #2 cam would be at the lowest setting of the cam not getting all of the rotation. My guess. It's best to try both and see which one is right for you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Don’t believe there is a #2 cam anymore. I think just 2, 3, 4.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I've shot the #3 ZT cam at 27" and thought it was very smooth and comfortable. Speed was OK but a little lower than I hoped. I haven't seen a #2 ZT cam yet to compare it to, but the shop nearest me has one on order and said they will call when it comes in so I can shoot them head-to-head. Based on previous experience, I expect the smaller #2 at 27" to be a little less smooth but a little faster than larger #3 at 27".

·
Registered
565 Posts
I got the #2 after shooting a #3, felt better to me and the cam ends up in a better slot, I draw 27.25"

·
Registered
380 Posts
For me and my set up the #2 cam set at 27.5” was 7fps faster. I actually preferred the draw cycle of the # 2 cam as well over the #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts