Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt is slow shipping

934 16
I called Friday, 9/12 about Hoyt's STS breaking within 100 shots or so. They said they would send me a free one and got my mailing info. As of today, it's still not here. I talked with them last week, and they told me to call back today if it wasn't there. Well the guy I talked with this morning, said it shipped on 9/18. 6 days to ship a part is unacceptable IMO. Especially one you putting a bunch of bows and really all they had to do was pull inventory and ship 1 thing. Is this kinda thing normal with Hoyt? First Hoyt I've owned, 2nd time I've ever had a problem with the bow. Mathews was the other bow I had an issue with, which was handled alot faster. Not trying to bash, just trying to figure out if I can expect from Hoyt if I have any other issues.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
34,432 Posts
If you aren't trying to bash....then why start the thread:noidea:

and the 18th was 5 days ago not 6:doh:...butshipping wise it hasn't been 5 days yet either. They ship UPS ground like everyone else. Last time I checked UPS doesn't do regular deliveries on Sat & Sun...so it's only been 3 days since it left Salt Lake City and the 3rd day isn't over yet.:embara:

· Registered
232 Posts
other options...

While your waiting for Hoyt, two things...First, you can shoot your bow without it. My Vectrix XL was quieter without the Hoyt suppressor, I just felt the bow jump at the shot and didn't like that. So...Second, I junked the Hoyt supressor and went with a P.O.S. suppressor (sold here on AT). MUCH better and MUCH quieter than stock. I love it. I'd quit waiting for Hoyt and start looking at a POS.

· Not a prisoner of past.
3,716 Posts

and the 18th was 5 days ago not 6:doh:...butshipping wise it hasn't been 5 days yet either. They ship UPS ground like everyone else. Last time I checked UPS doesn't do regular deliveries on Sat & Sun...so it's only been 3 days since it left Salt Lake City and the 3rd day isn't over yet.:embara:
:clap::clap:

· Registered
34 Posts
String stopper

I bought a hoyt katara about 6 months ago and have only shoot about 60 or 70 shoots throw it and i had the same problem with the rubber on the end falling off. So I called the dealer were i bought it and talked to him. He told me they are haveing problems with the glue they used to glue it on. The string stoppers are a fussed product. He sent me another one had it on there for a few days and had the same problem. So I called him back and told him they sent me another one. He sent it out and I had it in 2 or 3 days. I have owned many different hoyts and shoot them for many years and have never had a problem with them before.

· Registered
7,294 Posts
My Katera took seven days from shipping to arrive. Only problem I had was that they didn't ship until six days after order was called into them.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Limb Saver

Epoxy one of those adhesive backed limb savers in place of the Hoyt rubber suppressor. Then trim off any adhesive backing that extends past the plastic. Your suppressor we be much quieter. Then just keep the new warranty pc and put on your bow when you resell.

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Maybe I wanted to find out if it normally takes a week to get a simple part packaged to ship . And if you wanna get technical, I called them right at noon so the 12th could count as a day!

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Maybe I wanted to find out if it normally takes a week to get a simple part packaged to ship . And if you wanna get technical, I called them right at noon so the 12th could count as a day!
so you called at noon on a friday when very possibly their shipping people may have already been off work....it had to be entered into the computer that day, by the time it was entered it was the friday afternoon....they have off the weekend like most everyone else...there are orders to be filled ahead of yours...(you know, other people need ing stuff also).....they actually got you order filled and shipped in 3 working days...not bad....

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe there shipping is different. I've worked in shipping, and we never had anything take 6 days. I would have at least expected shipping by Monday. It was one simple part, they put it on stock bows and I'm sure they have excess parts. Didn't seem like a difficult task to me, but oh well.

Bill, seems you had the same situation happen. How many days did you wait for regular mail? As of yesterday, I still don't have the part.

· Registered
5,150 Posts
You also have to consider that right now they building their 09 bows and are trying to get some ready to ship out as soon as they can. I know that you are just wanting a string stop but that is more than likely the reason. I would always go through my dealer when it comes to Hoyt because I think that they will take care of one of their dealers quicker than they will an individual customer. I think that their individual customer service sucks, their dealer service is one of the best out there.

· Livin' in a van....
8,508 Posts
it's hunting season. busiest time of year. you can't just jump to the front of the line in front of everyone else. I was told i'd have to wait a week to get a bear mod, if you're in business you understand being backlogged w/ stuff to do

· Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DJ, I'd go thru the dealer, but I wasn't happy with his service. When I went to pick up the bow, I bought a rest. Since I bought the bow from him, he said he'd install and tune it. He literally mounted the rest, eye-balled it and said that outta get you close. After that I wished I hadn't bought the bow from him. Not gonna name names, but that guy will not get any of my future purchases! Sad thing is he's the only Hoyt dealer closeby, and one of the only Bowtech dealers closeby also.

· Registered
3,001 Posts
Hoyt has good customer service. It might take a little longer this time of year do to the new models coming out, high demand for the current ones and UPS has gotten slower. My budy had the film start bubleing on his limb. Didn't have to warenty it and they did. They also said it would take 1-2 weeks to get the new limbs. This time of year alot of places are going to have slower shipping. Shoot without it till it gets there.

· Registered
5,150 Posts
I yah well maybe that's how they think of you when u call them direct, matter of fact , customers like u, w/that attitude, i'm sure of it..:rolleyes:
Unless you heard the conversation that I had with Hoyt, which was very professional or read the whole thing where I said that they treat their dealers right then I would watch what you post because you come across as foolish. Basically all I said was go through your dealer you will get more done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.