Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I got a sweet deal on a black demo Hoyt Katera. It is a 29" draw length but I have a 27" draw. If I'm right, the Z3 cam's are draw specific with no module adjustment. If that's correct where can I get modules or cams at. Can the be bought straight through Hoyt or must I use a dealer. And roughly how much are they.

· Registered
24,895 Posts
cams

Guys,

I got a sweet deal on a black demo Hoyt Katera. It is a 29" draw length but I have a 27" draw. If I'm right, the Z3 cam's are draw specific with no module adjustment. If that's correct where can I get modules or cams at. Can the be bought straight through Hoyt or must I use a dealer. And roughly how much are they.
Hey IL B. .....yes the Z3's are draw length specific.Probably have to get them through the nearest archery shop.You can expect to pay 80.00-100.00 bucks for them.Don't know how big a hurry for them you are,but you can check the classified's forum here and may have some luck.
I'm not 100% sure,but i don't believe you can purchase them straight through Hoyt.But you could go to Hoyt.com and get their phone number and give it a shot.Good luck...and you're gonna love that Katera...i really like mine!!!:)

· Banned
3,222 Posts
you will need new correct length string cables as well. check on ebay and on the traders forum of this site. theyre are guys in the same boat your in. you can turn around and sell your cams after you get the right ones.check hoyts site to make sure you know the right size cam and string specs

· Banned
3,222 Posts
You could twist your cables 3/4ths an inch shorter but it still would be better to get new cables. You WILL need a new string.

· Registered
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called Hoyt and they stated they DO[Bwarranty demo bows. The lady stated that a Hoyt is a Hoyt whether is was a demo or not. It should be able to withstand being shot. I though that was pretty cool

ONE thing you should really ask hoyt is how they would do any repairs, if ever needed, since its a demo bow. Some demo bows have different serial numbers to identify that and they wont even do any repairs. just something to ask before you pull the trigger. Im really thinking about selling a few bows and getting a Katera XL in the next few months since 09s will be out and the prices will drop on 08s. GL[/QUOTE]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.