Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a new katera xl,the sts is giving off a buzzing noise after shot.I loosened up the 2 allen set screws and moved the stopper so the string doesnt hit it and the noise is gone,i move it back to a credit card away from touching and the buzz noise is back.Any sugestions on dampining the vibration noise...Im about ready to take it out and leave it out..:angry: I had a regulsr katera and it did'nt do this..Thanks Steve S.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
I would check everything! It might not be the STS. I would guess it to be an E clip or a modual loose (if it has them).

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Call the Hoyt tech line. They have been very helpful to me. I'm betting they will send you a new rubber gizmo for the STS.

·
Registered
14,717 Posts
Hoyt Katera Has a buzz after shot

so does whiskey:lol:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
buzz

Mine did the same thing...I took advice from somebody on this site and replaced the stock sts rubber piece by cutting it off and using epoxy I glued a sims recurve limbsaver in its place....did the trick for me and after at least 2000 arrows it is still fine, I picked up a katera recently and it buzzes also so I will be doing the same there....john

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Take No offense But Almost All the Hoyts do. Thats why you see alot of threads about switching out the string suppressors and string stopper even on the Flag ship hunting rigs like Am32 and the Katera. But once you get that buzz out your golden. My Father shoots the Katera and loves it, but when we shoot side by side there is a big difference in the noise when shooting. I shoot a Ross Cardiac for hunting and its not even close.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Check out Rustyfence on here he made a hoyt supressor that has a Bowjax on it as well as a bowjax dampner that works great. I think they are only $35. Might be worth a try.

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,i will check out rustyfence..I did check all the e-clips,,,everything looks good and snug.Checked every thing that could come loose ,everything is tight...Got to be the stealth shot ..

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I think some of the rubbers are different. I've got a Kat XL that's perfectly hushed on the shot with the stock damper, but the one one my 737 was annoying to the point of removal.

Do a search and you'll see some guys are replacing their stock ones with limbsavers.

·
Registered
11,380 Posts
Somethings def loose. Check everything, take everything off the bow and tap the riser and see where its coming from... once you take the item off thats buzzing, you found the problem!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts