Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt Katera...What Rest?

1078 Views 22 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  J-Daddy
I got a really good deal on a black Katera demo bow and honestly have never shot a Hoyt bow before. Just from what I've read here on AT, it sounds like not all rests will work with Hoyts due to the riser design. So what will work on these bows? I currently use G5 Expert II rests on my Elites.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,842 Posts
I believe the G5 rest will work. I've used a few different rests on my Hoyts in years past and never had a problem with them fitting the Tec riser. I'm also currently using the Limbdriver on my Vulcan and it works great.

· Registered
459 Posts
I too have the black katera and was wondering if you found a black rest to put on it and if so what one did you get.

P.S. I use the trophy taker shaky hunter on mine and works great.

· Registered
178 Posts
rest choice

I had a whisker bisquit on mine and could not get it to paper tune no matter what i did.Tiller was correct tried adjust the nocking point and position of the rest.Checked cam timing which was fine.Could not get it tune correctly.Would be fine and tune to a bullet hole with the limbdriver on it.Has anybody else had this problem?

· Registered
1,422 Posts
QAD HD PRO, and works great!!!

· Registered
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd really like to be able to use the G5 II. I had a bad experience with a QAD while shooting an 8 pt so I don't want to go down that road again. Evidently QAD had a bad batch of rests that year but I still lost confidence in the Ultra rest. What about the Smart Rest?

· Registered
Rytera Nemesis, Easton Pro Hunters, Muzzy 3 blade, tru-Ball hinge release.
2,119 Posts
Katera

Schafer works great:tongue:

· Registered
1,159 Posts
I got an email from G5 yesterday stating the expert II that will work for Hoyt bows will be available in January.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.