Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have contacted hoyt and all the dealers around that I know. This particular bow is a solocam. The cam on it is a versa cam Plus (VC2P). They say they no longer make the cam for the bow and I have called all dealers that I know. I am wanting to find the cam in order to fix my buddies favorite bow. Has anyone else owned one of these bows, currently own one, or know someone who owns one? I figured it would be tough finding one being that it is a solocam on a hoyt, but not this tough.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I had that same Bow with the same cam. Unfortunately, I sold it so I can't help you. What I can tell you is that you can probably find another cam that will work on that year Hoyt. Those bows also came with the Redline cam option. Don't know anything about the Redline cam, but I thought maybe it could be another avenue for you to look at....:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In talking with hoyt they say that the redline cam can't be used b/c the idler wheel is different or something. They said you would have to replace wheel, cam, string, and cables and one might as well buy a new bow if they do that.

This bow meant a lot to my buddy and he was crushed when he realized he had bent the cam. I have secretely got it from his wife and am trying to fix it. (He thinks that it was sold in a garage sale )

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
In talking with hoyt they say that the redline cam can't be used b/c the idler wheel is different or something. They said you would have to replace wheel, cam, string, and cables and one might as well buy a new bow if they do that.

This bow meant a lot to my buddy and he was crushed when he realized he had bent the cam. I have secretely got it from his wife and am trying to fix it. (He thinks that it was sold in a garage sale )

Sorry then bro, that was the only suggestion I had, that sucks about the idler wheel being different....Good luck:darkbeer:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Post a Wanted To Buy ad here on AT.... you might get lucky and find someone/a shop who has one laying around.

Also.....

Keep your eye on ebay. Look for any Hoyt bow from 2002 with the Versacam..... HavocTec, ProTec, MagnaTec, CyberTec, UltraTec..... You may find one very cheap on there. When you do make sure you ask the seller to give you a good picture of the Versacam and that it does indeed say it's a "2"

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a post in the WTB on here, and have for a while. I will look on ebay. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try the redline cams . had one back in the day was a good bow. look for a complete bow and canibalize it..
Yeah, but that will cost a lot of money and as Hoyt said may as well build a new bow. I didn't think finding this cam could be so hard. Figured someone on AT would have a bow or the cam laying around the house or shop

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You think it's hard finding a VersaCam? Try looking for one in LEFT HAND. Command Cam + is even harder.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
You could much more easily get cam and a half cams for it. They will work fine and feel much like the VersaCam did. Plus it was built like that in '03 so the string and cable specs are available in Hoyt's tune charts. This is likely your best, quickest and cheapest option, man.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Magnatec

You could much more easily get cam and a half cams for it. They will work fine and feel much like the VersaCam did. Plus it was built like that in '03 so the string and cable specs are available in Hoyt's tune charts. This is likely your best, quickest and cheapest option, man.
+2 I will aslo do this if I were you, smooth draw and maybe more speed. It was standard on the Magnatec in 2003 I think.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
+2 I will aslo do this if I were you, smooth draw and maybe more speed. It was standard on the Magnatec in 2003 I think.
Yup, everything went hybrid in '03, besides the Reflex line.

Go with the Cam and a Half. It will draw smooth, have a firmer wall and pick up at least 10fps. I believe the VersaCam was rated at 290, maybe 295. The MagnaTec with Cam.5 was rated for 310. The hybrids have much better nock travel and are far more tunable to boot.

A set of cams is around $50-$60 used and new harnessing is $40-$100+. Still cheaper than a new bow, but it will sure shoot like one.

You may be able to put the new Cam and a Half cams on it, too. :mg: You could probably use the 737 string and cable lengths, too. That would be SWEET and make that sucker really perform, too.

The downside is what it could do to draw weight in cam swaps like this.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I am still looking for the versa cam. I don't want to change it up much as he likes the bow the way it is. I appreciate all the recomendations though. I thought maybe someone might know someone else who has the bow or cams laying around.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You think it's hard finding a VersaCam? Try looking for one in LEFT HAND. Command Cam + is even harder.
I actually found someone who had the left hand version of what I was needing. I just need the right.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ttt

Ttt

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump

Bump

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Did your buddy purchase this bow new. If so, there may be some warranty and Hoyt could maybe work something out with you.

I'd be cautious about switching the type of cam, because you may do some significant changes to the draw weight.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Well I am still looking for the versa cam. I don't want to change it up much as he likes the bow the way it is. I appreciate all the recomendations though. I thought maybe someone might know someone else who has the bow or cams laying around.
what numbers are on your Versa cam? and what number was the round wheel on the top.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts