Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, if you read my bashing crossbows thread you see that after years of bowhunting I had to use a crossbow but after shoulder surgery and a lot of hard work I decided to try compound bows again. I purchased a Reflex bighorn hunter with a single cam...it was a close out and I got it for $150 so I figured I could not go wrong. I like the bow and have used it for 2 years.. it has killed hogs and deer..not a bad bow but before my injury I always shot a Hoyt..my favorite was the raptor back then. So Hoyt is in the blood like Browning. Now finally my question--My son shoots a Magnatec zr200 and loves it--it seems like it is a Quieter and faster bow at the same poundage.....60#. If I purchased one would it be an upgrade or a lateral move. Would I gain anything and what? IF not the Magnatec why should I go to a higher Hoyt? What would it benefit me? Or should I just keep what I have and save my money. I am sure there are some opinions, facts, tales and legends to the above questions, so get after it I'm ready!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have a '03 Magnatec Cam .5. I purchased it over cybertec and the other high end hoyts. I couldn't see paying a couple of hundred extra $$ for a aluminum riser and a set of limb savers. I like the grip better and the mag riser seems to absorb vibrations better. The money I saved I put into better sights and accessories.

Do we ever really need a good reason to buy a new bow? As long as you can afford it and it won't put you in the doghouse go for it. If nothing else it will give you 2 bows so you'll have a backup.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nothing wrong with your BOW

Man there is nothing wrong with your bow. I have seen you shot it and you have kill a lot of wild boar with it. If it were me I would spend the money on some very good deer camp meals.......hahaha

Just kidding about the meals. but all you need is to go to Texas with the Cougar gang..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts