Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a Hoyt Maxxis 31 Hunting Compound Bow XTR Cam 28"-30" Draw, 60-70#, RH, #3 cams (3C I believe). I haven’t shot in over 10 years and forgot my draw length which I found out later is about 26 inches. So obviously the cams on the bow don’t fit me. My question is if anyone out there has any recommendations on what cams I can get to allow for a shorter draw length. I’ve been researching them and found either the #1 or ideally the #2 XTR cams would work but don’t know if I need a completely new set of cams for that or just a new cam module. Still confused about the specific cam details whether it’s a D or C or what not. If someone out there has some more knowledge, that would be greatly appreciated. I spoke with an archery dealer which is who gave me the news about the cams and he said he’d try to find some but with the Maxxis being an older bow they are hard to come by.
Thank you

·
Registered
53,545 Posts
It's completely different cams, different string and cables and if you want to maintain the poundage new limbs. You would be money ahead to sell it even if you could find parts.

·
Rattle Yer Head!
Ignore List Count:133 and growing...
2,140 Posts
So I recently bought a Hoyt Maxxis 31 Hunting Compound Bow XTR Cam 28"-30" Draw, 60-70#, RH, #3 cams (3C I believe). I haven’t shot in over 10 years and forgot my draw length which I found out later is about 26 inches. So obviously the cams on the bow don’t fit me. My question is if anyone out there has any recommendations on what cams I can get to allow for a shorter draw length. I’ve been researching them and found either the #1 or ideally the #2 XTR cams would work but don’t know if I need a completely new set of cams for that or just a new cam module. Still confused about the specific cam details whether it’s a D or C or what not. If someone out there has some more knowledge, that would be greatly appreciated. I spoke with an archery dealer which is who gave me the news about the cams and he said he’d try to find some but with the Maxxis being an older bow they are hard to come by.
Thank you
Welcome to AT from NE 👋 👋

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
You will need new cams (no longer made by Hoyt) so you will need to buy on the used market, Those small ones are rare as hens teeth. If you did find some they will be over $100, mods are going for $30 if you can find them, new strings About $90 Installation about $75-100. Could easily take you many months of searching if you are lucky enough to find the parts. You would by way ahead to find a good used bow with the correct draw length and sell the Hoyt IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I’m gonna just sell the bow since it’s got a new string and stuff I should get my money back. Hoyt Dealer I’m working with us gonna give me a good deal on a Turbohawk which will do just fine for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.