Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
my string stop is terribly loud. i ordered a new on from hitek sports. anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Did you try adjusting the distance from the string? Mine was loud at first the I played with different positions, now quiet as a mouse farting.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Had the same problem....put a new one on from Jesse at VIPER-X! Quiet as a church mouse now!!!

I played with the stock stop and so did my pro-shop....no luck. Rubber material was more like plastic and it slapped every time regardless of the distance. The VIPER-X cured that!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
yea ive tried everything. still very loud. cant wait to get the new one. then the bow will be flawless.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It does seem that the rubber is harder than my sts, but maybe I just found the perfect spot. What made u decide to go with the hitech over the other brands? I've considered a cta just for giggles, and it would give me something to play with.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Bow Rattler makes one also. under $30 different colors and camo. Here are the ones on my AM35s

What it looks like out of the bow

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Those bows....most bows made now a days are quiet enough to shoot them without one. Why not just take it off and leave it off? :noidea:

I haven't shot one on a bow for any long period of time but I know with my Katera XL I shot it with and without it. It isn't really more quiet with it....the sound is just different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the bow rattler for my Maxxis and its amazing. I took it down to Green Top Pro Shop here in Va and the tec almost wet himself! He has a Maxxis too and wanted to get one for his. It has more weight to it and with the rubber and the Jax on it this thing is quiet. We shot it inside and it was still silent. You just heard the string cut the air. I recommend it hands down!

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
Had the EXACT same problem with my Alphamax. Tried the hi-tek and it was ok, but once I put on a Vibekiller by coolhandluke it made a world of difference. Do yourself a favor and just get the VK the first time around. You can thank me later. ;)

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I have a bow rattler on order. Can't wait to get it and try it.

Here's something you might want to try....I posted this awhile back in my threads:

ve been fighting with this since I bought my Alphamax last year. I like the concept of the fuse stealth shot.....I just didn't like the hard rubber end on the suppressor. I was used to my soft end on my STS that I had on my Ross. So tonight I stopped and ordered a new set of strings and cables for my Alphmax at Stage 1 Strings (Best strings on the market, by the way) and I asked Wes about my suppressor. Here's the idea he came up with......

Get a Easton series 25 insert for an aluminum arrow.
Remove the suppressor end from the carbon rod.
Screw the insert onto the suppressor rod with a longer allen screw.
Use a Bow Jax replacement string suppressor end and slide it over the insert.

Much quieter....I'm impressed.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case there is anyone else like me that didn't like the hard rubber end on the fuse stealth shot.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My maxxis 31 is also loud so I order a CTA from paradigm archery hope this helps. This is my first Hoyt bow I thought I was buying top of the line bow and would not have to improve anything o-Well.:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
how does everyone who has bought a paradigm for their Hoyt like them? I thought about getting one, but I just haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
293 Posts
how does everyone who has bought a paradigm for their Hoyt like them? I thought about getting one, but I just haven't done it yet.
I ask the same question on here and everyone that replied said that they loved them, so I ordered one, hope it helps to quite my bow(maxxis 31) I love the way my bow shoots.:smile:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Probably not the right place to post this but I see that hoyt has a non threaded design like bowtech. Does anyone know if the diameter is the same as the destroyer. I was thinking of trying one of these. The bow rattler that is

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Probably not the right place to post this but I see that hoyt has a non threaded design like bowtech. Does anyone know if the diameter is the same as the destroyer. I was thinking of trying one of these. The bow rattler that is
I do not know what the diameter for the Destoyer is. Just measure the one you have and take about a 1/16th off of it and call Kirk with the measurement. I am certain he can hook you up.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
You can not go wrong with any of the ones that are available. There are some very nice ones out there for sure. I went with the Bow Rattler because I liked the way it looks.

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
got a coolhand luke suppressor, made it a lot quieter, then got a hi tek replacement bumber and made it even quieter, the put on some hi tek string leech things and its reaaaallly quiet now:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts