Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
NAlabama
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an RX-1 on order since 14 October. Last update is that the bow would ship on 17 Jan. I contacted my bow shop this morning and asked them to see if I could change the pattern...Hoyt's answer...sure but that will kick you out of line and it will be another two months before the bow ships. What a customer friendly company. Look forward to seeing them at the ATA next week. Hoyt sucks.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
While I can understand the pattern change delaying the shipment, I don't see how it's 2 months to get a bow done. I seriously think all of these bow companies need to really look at what they can realistically manufacture before selling a product. Start building a stock of them, before releasing them... That way there's little to no delay in orders. It's not that hard of a concept.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
low overhead and keep the people wanting and waiting. fashionably late is a marketing tool.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
While I can understand the pattern change delaying the shipment, I don't see how it's 2 months to get a bow done. I seriously think all of these bow companies need to really look at what they can realistically manufacture before selling a product. Start building a stock of them, before releasing them... That way there's little to no delay in orders. It's not that hard of a concept.

I’ve been saying that for a long time now if a bow company released stuff and had a stock pile of say a 1000 or more to sustain instant demand and then they would be able to keep up with new orders.

·
Registered
339 Posts
With all the different options, finishes and added testing per bow I doubt they would want to mass produce anything and risk sitting on them. Too much variance to risk

·
Registered
70 Posts
You need to remember that when a big bow company like Hoyt releases a new bow that bow shops, especially the big ones, must get at least one or more of each new bow, which means they had a stock pile of them and they were all sent out to bow shops so people can see how much they like them. You just need to be more understanding and actually have some patience. People that order before you will most likely get their's before you do.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
They probably build these things in batches, a batch of this coloured riser, a batch of this size cam, a batch of limbs with this deflection. When you change the specs on what you ordered, you have to go to the next batch of bows that fits those parameters, they are not going to knock someone out of the current batch to accommodate you even though you ordered first. I used to work in manufacturing and that was how it was done. Everybody is waiting, so am I, it sucks even harder for me because I am in Canada and we get low priority for shipping. I ordered mine late October and I haven't even got a ship date yet.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I bought mine on release day and drove home with it. Our shop had 3 of each model on release day 9 in total 3 rx1s 3 rx1 turbos 3 rx1 ultras. That sucks your shops take that long my buddy ordered a turbo and it came in 8 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I've had an RX-1 on order since 14 October. Last update is that the bow would ship on 17 Jan. I contacted my bow shop this morning and asked them to see if I could change the pattern...Hoyt's answer...sure but that will kick you out of line and it will be another two months before the bow ships. What a customer friendly company. Look forward to seeing them at the ATA next week. Hoyt sucks.

That's with any bow company. U change your order u go to the back of the line.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
So you wait a couple months and decide 2 weeks before delivery you want something different, so how is this Hoyt’s problem? Special order most anything and change your mind you will have the exact same answer. Maybe they should charge a re-stocking fee for orders that are changed..

·
Registered
503 Posts
I bought mine on release day and drove home with it. Our shop had 3 of each model on release day 9 in total 3 rx1s 3 rx1 turbos 3 rx1 ultras. That sucks your shops take that long my buddy ordered a turbo and it came in 8 days.
That’s a great looking rig! Which slider are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
You need to check with your dealer. I ordered my Ultra with buckskin Riser and subalpine limbs and had it right at 8 weeks, which is what I was quoted when I ordered.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I got tired of hoyt when I needed a set of cams and they took a few months. The cams were z5 for a carbon spyder. Back to mathews i went. No looking back for me.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I got tired of hoyt when I needed a set of cams and they took a few months. The cams were z5 for a carbon spyder. Back to mathews i went. No looking back for me.
Didn't want this to be taking the wrong way and not looking for a hoyt vs mathews. The rx1 is an awesome bow.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to why certain bows end up getting pushed further out and further out. I ordered a LH Hyperforce the first week of December. I was told 6-8 weeks. My dealer called me last night and let me know it was in so that was in that 6-7 week mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts