Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not a hoyt owner, but a friend of mine has a magnatec and wants to get something a little newer,he said he was looking at the vortec,and i asked him why not something a little new with the cam and 1/2 and he said people told him that the cam and 1/2 were not user friendly and hard to tune etc.can some of you hoyt owners chime in and give your opinion on this,i would like to see him get something a little newer or is the vortec a good way to go???

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have a Vortec and a VTec (cam/half).....neither of which are hard to tune. I've had zero problems with either bow. After all, they're both HOYT's...enuff said! :wink:

Greg

·
Banned
910 Posts
tell him to stop talking to mathews dealers. the standard cam 1/2 is one of the more user friendly cams on the market. It also has a 2.5" draw length range, great for resale and there is alot of short stem releases coming on the market,switching from a carter 2 shot to a Tru ball sabre tooth, my draw length increased at least 1/2". hoyt standard 1.5 cam allows more draw length flexability than mathews. Hoyt has the strongest resale value of any manufacturer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Hoyt UltraMag has a cam 1/2 and it is very user friendly. I believe they are referred to as Hybrid bows known to have an advantage over the traditional double cam bows that were high maintenance bows and hard to keep tuned.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No Problems

Hoyt Ultratec and no problems. Easy to tune and pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hoyt

My Trykon was easy to tune. Shoots well and my wife shoot a ultratec and she like it a lot. Both Hoyts are user friendly. :)

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Moose mustard said:
tell him to stop talking to mathews dealers.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The are not hard to tune at all. People make a big deal about tuning cams only when they have no idea what they are doing. No cams are hard to tune, you just have to know how to time them. Single cams, cam & 1/2, Bianary cams, dual cams, whatever are very easy to tune once you learn how to tune them. They each require something a little different to get the perfect tune......but ask some one that knows how to tune one real good and they can figure out how to tune the other just as good after trying a different cam system. I went from dual, to single, to cam & 1/2, single, and back to cam 1/2 and none of them were hard to tune........

But I do love my SPIRAL CAM & 1/2's..........:thumb: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts