Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hoyt power flex tenacity II with command cam 2's . Will a power flex cam work with this bow?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Go to Hoyt's web site and look under technical and they'll list years and bows. I'm looking at a spec. sheet for 1998 and it has the Tenacity 2 with PowerFlex limbs and command cams and also performacams. Besides being different cams they are also different string lengths for the same draw, 1/2" to 1" difference (cables are the same). So besides the cost of the cams you'll also have an additional cost of a string. I'm guessing but would expect it to run $100.00-$200.00 (depending on brand string) for you to do it. For the year of the bow don't know if that would be too costly or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Go to Hoyt's web site and look under technical and they'll list years and bows. I'm looking at a spec. sheet for 1998 and it has the Tenacity 2 with PowerFlex limbs and command cams and also performacams. Besides being different cams they are also different string lengths for the same draw, 1/2" to 1" difference (cables are the same). So besides the cost of the cams you'll also have an additional cost of a string. I'm guessing but would expect it to run $100.00-$200.00 (depending on brand string) for you to do it. For the year of the bow don't know if that would be too costly or not. Good luck.
Just curious but why would you go to the trouble of changing them? According to the chart you'd get an increase of only about 2 fps by going to the performacams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased this bow with a 27" draw and though it could be ajusted to a 30" draw. I found out thats not possible without changing cams. The shop I went to has performacam's that might work but not sure. I been looking for command cam 3 but can't find any. So right know, I'm stuck with this bow with 27" draw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts