Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a proelite XT3000 with spirals. I was messing with cam sync and timing using Javi's methods. I cannot get the DL in spec. It is suppose to be 30.5 and it is coming in at about 30. That is with the AtA 1/4 in. long. The cams are close in time and sync. i dont know what to do. Any ideas?

·
Good Day All!!!!!
753 Posts
Not Cool!!!!!!!!

That was uncalled for Switchback! The guy is asking a legitimate and good question about a bow. From the way you described, It sounds like you may need to put few more twists in the both cables if you are still a half inch out on the ata. I think if you take out that 1/4" in your ata, the DL may fall right inline. Javi or someone more knowledgable on hoyts may need to chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck with it.
Dave

·
Good Day All!!!!!
753 Posts
Not Cool!!!!!!!!

That was uncalled for Switchback! The guy is asking a legitimate question about a bow. From the way you described, It sounds like you may need to put few more twists in the both cables if you are still a half inch out on the ata. I think if you take out that 1/4" in your ata, the DL may fall right inline. Javi or someone more knowledgable on hoyts may need to chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck with it.
Dave

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
Javi has a thread on this somewhere.

I learned the following from Javi.(This is what I do with hybrids, and may deviate from his methods at some point.) First, press the bow and remove the string and cables. Make sure they are all close to spec according to the sticker. Twist the cables until they are very close. UnTwist the string 20 times or until it has no more twists..whichever comes first. Replace the cables and strings on the bow. Adjust the timing so that both stops hit at the same time AND the ATA is 1/4" too long using the cables. Now, twist the string to bring the ATA into spec. Recheck timing, it should be within 1 or 2 twists of being in time.

By the ATA being 1/4 long it is taking away that last .5" of draw. Getting it to the proper ATA will alleviate your problem.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
He is right

If you just got a Mathews you would not have these problems :smile: But I always said that Hoyt was going to put alot of dealers children through school :p Kinda like how chevy's put alot of mechanics kids through school!!!!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Supershot said:
I just got a proelite XT3000 with spirals. I was messing with cam sync and timing using Javi's methods. I cannot get the DL in spec. It is suppose to be 30.5 and it is coming in at about 30. That is with the AtA 1/4 in. long. The cams are close in time and sync. i dont know what to do. Any ideas?
Just for grins... How are you measuring the DL???

·
washed up wannabe
12,235 Posts
That is the correct answer grasshopper. However Javi will probably reveal a little Hoyt drawlength issue in his next post ;)

Twist the string up until the ATA is correct. However, stop if it starts to bunch up.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Funny, but you mathews guys should be well versed on string stretch and tuning do to the fact that you "do have to tune a mathews bow". But you are right about one thing, mathews building bows suitable for only one draw length is way smarter than allowing for some adjustability in the cam. :embarasse After all why would you want to spend $700 on a bow that is adjustable. :mg: Face it Hoyt is way ahead of the game when it comes to engineering and usability for the end owner. Mathews uses a straight riser with no design and straight limbs with no design. Mathews, right now unfortunately could probably sell ice cubes to eskimos and make a huge profit doing it. Like a bunch of lambs following the leader right off the cliff. :zip:

·
Registered
3 Posts
A couple of guys I work with have Mathews bows, good shooting bows so THEY say, I can't get them to go shooting with me any more though, I guess shooting the nocks off their arrows at the range with my cheap ole REFLEX pisses them off.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Silver Mallard said:
That was uncalled for Switchback! The guy is asking a legitimate and good question about a bow. From the way you described, It sounds like you may need to put few more twists in the both cables if you are still a half inch out on the ata. I think if you take out that 1/4" in your ata, the DL may fall right inline. Javi or someone more knowledgable on hoyts may need to chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong. Good Luck with it.
Dave
i think you pretty much said it right :thumbs_up both subjects. lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
not lambs

That would be lemmings, not lambs off of the cliff. The lambs would be led to slaughter. I too shoot a Hoyt with spirals and I think they are fantastic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.