Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Never had trouble with the cables, but I know I was never able to shoot fat arrows with any high profile fletching like Blazers or Quickspin Speed Hunters as they would often contact the riser, somtimes on both sides.

Matt

·
Back Yard Champion
29,744 Posts
Had Blazers glazing the riser of my ProElite - took a bunch of shots to show it. Center shot was perfect, but every so often something wasn't quite right. Lower profile Bohning X vanes eliminated that stubborn to find "not quite right."

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, why dont bow mfg think of these things, arrow clearances with cables and risers when they are designing them? they know guys shoot fat arrows and blazers are a option just seems if just a little more thought when into the process alot of problems could be eliminated.

hook

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mine looked exactly like the pic posted. Good center shot and good paper tune, but high profile vanes left a rubbery residue on the riser after many shots (only with 2613 shafts, my 2314 shafts never had this trouble). Also, I noticed that I would have random, unexplained odd arrow flight when I knew darn well it wasn't me that caused it. I switched to regular profile vanes (4" Flexfletch) and the issues vanished.

Matt

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
How about shooting a TARGET vane for TARGET archery :wink:

The Blazer is a hunting vane and designed to stabilize a broadhead...it doesn't take much to stabilize a field or target point.

·
Registered
955 Posts
It never hurts to have extra stabilization on a super stiff shaft like a 2613 that you will never properly spine out anyway. Just my $0.02.

Matt

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
My 3" feathers on 2613's barely touch the cable. I guarantee full size blazers are too high profile to clear the cables.

You're better off with minis

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Check your rest, make sure its set properly

I shoot Mini Blazers on fatboy's on my Pro elite with no problem.
I shoot mini blazers with Gold tip pro 22's with no problems at all out of my ultra elite! It may more of a problem with your rest then the vanes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts