1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich one?

I know that this is a frequently asked question, but which will be best for me:

- I shoot mainly fita field, this is marked and unmarked rounds
- I am a girl so I shoot low poundage (40 - 43 lbs)
- I have a short draw length (26,5" front of riser)

I hang towards the patriot dually, because it is faster and has a higher BH. I do like the size of the razortec, I don't like big bows, but the patriot is not that much larger.

Any comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
829 Posts
go with the patriot

My own thoughts are to go with the patriot, I have one just over 50lbs draw weight, and it shoots 279.f/p/s.very light to hold and very, very accurate.
I think as always you need to shoot both the bows and make your own comparisons
good luck with your choice :)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Bouncer

I have not shot the patriot dually so I cant give you an opinion on it but have shot the Hoyts cyber , razor , and the havoc all cam.5s they are all very smooth and quiet they are all fast enough for your type of shooting. So in my opinion either bowtech or hoyt would be good . you should also check out the martin cougarIII se Very nice . Any top of the line bow is good you just need to get what feels good and shoots best for you. Scott

·
Registered
657 Posts
Dually will feel like harder to pull. Razortec will pull easier.
Patriot Dually might feel like you pull extra 10 lbs.
Check it out and shoot both.
Vodek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smooth?

I thought the patriot had a smooth draw. I never shot one, but I did pull one out, also a razortec. They were almost the same weight and I had no problem pulling them out. they felt different though. Not one better than the other, just different.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Owned several Patriots, several Hoyt C.5's, and we sell both at the shop I help out at on occasion.

I think the Patriot Dual cam would have the edge due it's longer heavier riser: more stable. especially for field. Both are very quick, but the Pat will be the faster bow which may help you on those unmarked targets. Extra near-Inch of brace height will help too.

Either is a fine piece of equipment.

:D

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Patriot.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bouncer

I have shot both bows and won 3-d shoots with both. I have the same draw length as you do and lean toward hoyt. As for speed you can experiment with dirrerent arrows to get where you want to be. If you are shooting fita take a look at the hoyt ultra-tec or pro-tec that might be a good all around bow. I use a pro-tec for target, field and fita shooting. Both are good bows and its all in preferenece what ever you feel is more comfortable. :D

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Though I've not shot the RazorTec, I've inspected and drew one at a very large retailer. It is a very smooth bow IMO and deserves the popularity it has. That said, I own a Patriot Dually in 70 pound and 29 inch draw which is my current hunting bow. It has proven to be very forgiving of form and shot execution errors in my practice sessions over the last 8 months. The speeds I have seen while shooting through my chronograph are the highest I've seen by at least 14 fps with my "standard" hunting arrows when set up the same as my other bows. The Duallys do pull harder than most but the draw cycle is very smooth IMO.
For true target competition, a longer ATA bow and higher brace height naturally provide a better foundation to build accuracy. Your results with your draw length and draw weight may be completely acceptable with shorter bows and brace heights.
The proof is in the shooting, which will help you find that "right" bow for you. Good luck

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
Gimp.... Love your avatar!:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
404 Posts
close call

Both are excellent bows. The only reason I would lean toward the patriot is the feel and shootability of that long pro style riser. The bow is a compact 33.75in long but shoots like a 40 in model. The razor tec will draw smoother but the patriot will perform just as well if not better at a lower draw weight giving you an easeir draw cycle w/out the draw weight. JMHO.:D

I would shoot both then make your informed decision.;)

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
Archeryaddict, I stole it from Matt/PA, LOL. I liked it also and you can "steal" it also!!!! Just right click on the pic and save it to your files:D

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
WWAG, not to hijack the thread but, I saw the funniest pic on the front page of a gossip rag.

Headline: Osama and Sadam Gay Wedding Pictures.

There is a pic of Bin Laden in a tux & Sadam in a wedding gown, at the alter. I about fell down laughing. :D :D :D :D

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,099 Posts
I would go shoot a cybertec if you can. It has a shorter brace height but with your short draw length that doesn't matter. I am a 28 inch draw and the short brace height doesn't hurt my accuracy at all. It is 36 inches axel to axel as well which adds some to accuracy and then you get the speed back up to bowtech levels. The cam.5 bows are some of the smoothest I have ever drawn and they do feel like you are drawing less than you are. try them first for draw and feel. Let us know. You can't beat first hand experience. Ask some other women archers about that brace height thing. I think a larger brace height is bunk for shorter draw archers.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a cybertec and a patriot at the same time same draw and same weight... SAME SPEED but the cyber was smoother and quieter and had a smaller grip...

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
With your draw young lady and being able to pull that weight i would go with the patriot dually. i have shot hoyts for two years now and when i shot the dually it really impressed me and now i have a problem dealing with switching to another company after all the hoyt crap i got around my house. the only thing i could maybe see would be weight as it weighs a little more than the razor but you can always change your weight in the equipment you use. bowtech has really impressed me with this bow being so short ata and still feels like a 39" shooter bow.

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,444 Posts
I've not shot the Razor-Tec, but the Hoyt's I have shot have all been excellent. I wish there was a dealer closer than 2 hours away from me. I do have a Patriot Dually. In fact I liked it so much I bought two. I think it would serve your needs very well. If you get a chance try the Pro 40 Wheely. I think it is the sleeper of the 2003 line. It has plenty of speed (312 IBO) and has one of the smoothest draws I've ever felt. After extensivley shooting all of the 2003 Bowtechs, the Wheely is my favorite.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks

Thanks you all guys, for your feed back. I think I go for the Patriot. I will keep my current bow (hoyt sapphire) for indoors.

bouncer

·
Registered
9,860 Posts
COOL! Have fun:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts