Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to my stand this AM and was settling in. Put my Razortec on the holder to put my mask in place and all of sudden the bow is on the ground from 20' up, hitting the metal ladder once on the way down. The bow was about 12' from the base of the stand which means it had to bounce and in one piece. I was dazed to say the least. I got back in the stand but was uneasy wondering about the bow. I finally got down and went back to house after a few minutes. I checked out the bow thoroughly. One scratch on the limb pocket front. A little dirty but everything seemed to be ok. Shot at a target in the garage that I use for paper tuning and seemed to shoot fine. Once the sun came up I shot at 20 and 30 yds and the bow was still on. I cleaned it up and she is ready to go this evening. No cam lean, no limb damage nothing. No only is this a sweet shooting bow but a tough one as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to hear your RazorTec is ok. Whew! I just bought mine a few weeks ago...glad to see it can take some smacking and keep on whacking. Although I wouldn't recommend you do it again in the future. ;)

It would be a good idea to get your shop to check it out...just in case.

M...

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike, to be real honest I trust me to check out the bow more than the 3 shops I deal with. I checked everything on the bow and every screw. I will keep a watch on the cams and limbs for sure but she is still shooting like a dream. You have yourself a great bow there. Don't worry, this won't happen again.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Glad to hear your not bow shopping tonight. I hope I dont have to find out but have wondered how it would take a fall. Hope to hear soon that it passed the ultimate test and downed a big one for you.

Denny

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know a shop or two like that myself, Tex :eek:

Good luck in your future hunts! I'll look forward to seeing some pics of that monster buck your gonna whack this season ;)

M...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts