Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this bow being out for almost a year, I would like to hear what everyone thinks about the performance and how it stacks up to other 03' bows you've shot.

·
Registered
500 Posts
In the last 2 months I have had 3 bows. 1st an SQ2 that i've been shooting for over a year. Then I bought a Patriot Dually and liked it quite a bit but the valley was way short and took some getting used to. Then about a month ago I bought a used Razortec. I took that and the Dually out together, I shot the Dually first for about 50 shots, then I shot the Razortec about 10 times and put the dually back in it's case and sold it the next day. Now I'm not bashing Mathews or Bowtech because I really liked both those bow, but that Razortec is the best bow I have ever shot. Now that's MY OPINION for what it's worth, with that and about a quarter you can get a cup of coffee.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ditto on that. I own the Razortec and Ultratec Cam.5 and haven't looked at another since. Won the spot league last season with the Ultra and am looking forward to skewering my deer with the Razor and CX 300 w/ Slicktricks

·
Registered
236 Posts
litegun, how lite are you CX 300's?

I have generic arrows right now (Cabela's Carbon Hunters), but my neighbor turned me onto the CX 300's. I got an additional 20 fps w/ the 300's and 3 inch vaines. My MT Sport is up to 272 fps. I thought that was really impressive.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I bought mine for hunting this year. First time I had a bow this short. I love the weight and it shoots great. The only thing I could say bad, and this goes for all short bows I'm sure, is that the string angle was pretty severe and the peep wouldn't center perfeclty. I use a sure peep, I haven't looked to see of there is another peep I could use, but I will.

Great bow though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have purchased a new Hoyt every year for the past four years now. I started out with a Magnatec then a Vortec, Cybertec, and now the razor. I have to say that the razor is buy far the best of the four so far. I am making some of the best groups at 30 and 40 yards that I have ever made in my life with this thing and thats no joke. I'm not a great shot by any stretch but at 40 all of my shots are staying in the white and for me that is unreal. The pull on the cams took a bit to get used to over the single cam but that was a small issue that took little time to adjust to. I was a bit worried how the balance would be with such a short A2A bow but this thing is just sweet and forgiving. I can't wait to stick a deer with it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
RAZORTEC RESULTS...

HAVING HAD ONE FOR OVER A YEAR NOW...

and it being MY FIRST COMPOUND.. I have had the
RARE PRIVILIDGE of LEARNING WHAT ALL THE OTHER BOWS
SHOOT LIKE vs. RAZORTEC.. WITHOUT ANY BIAS TOWARDS
OTHER BRANDS. THERE IS NO OTHER BOW OUT THERE THAT
COMES CLOSE TO MATCHING THE RAZORTEC'S SOLID NO VIBRATION PREFORMANCE.. THE QUITE WISP OF THE SHOT..
THE NO MAINTANCE DESIGN... THERE ARE NO TIMING ISSUES
WITH THIS BOW AS THOSE DORKS AT MATHEWS CLAIM.. IF ITS SET UP PROPERLY ONCE.. UNTILL THE STRING BREAKS.. IT HAS NO
WAY TO GO OUT OF TIME...because as the string stretches..
both cams still move identically. incedently..... this bow can be a
real bear to get the right stuff put on it.. it seems to only like the
best of accessories.. but once you go with them.. its a no problem bow... just point n shoot..
now heres one more thing... how many other bows can do this ?
once i put a muzzy zero effect rest on it... IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT ARROWS I SHOOT... IT WILL SHOOT MY CEDAR LONG BOW ARROWS.. IT WILL SHOOT ALUMS... IT WILL SHOOT CARBONS...
FROM MY QUIVER..OR FROM ANYONES QUIVER... NO MATTER THE
LENGTH OR SPINE... IT JUST SHOOTS THEM DEAD ON.... I EVEN SHOT A FEW SOLID FIBERGLASS ARROWS LIKE YOU USE IN BOW FISHING... SHOT DEAD ON... IN OTHER WORDS.. JUST TAKE AN ARROW..PUT THE PIN ON THE SPOT..AND FIRE..DONT MATTER WHAT YOUR SHOOTIN...
NEXT THING... IT WILL EASILY AND ACCURATLY ADJUST FROM
40 POUNDS TO 72 POUNDS... AND SHOOT RIGHT ON WITHOUT
ANY TINKERING....

2 negative issues ive found..

1. the flimsy black grip pad is actually just a cover skin.. it comes off pretty soon after you start shooting for the initial time...
dont mess with it..just throw it away and use the bow...

2. the hoyt strings seem to wear about a year..then need replaceing... mine is really fuzzy... oh well.. a new string set once a year isnt all that bad...

OH.. HERES A BIG ONE... THOSE LIMBSAVERS THAT COME INSTALLED BETWEEN THE LIMBS.. OUT NEAR THE CAMS...
MOVE THEM !!!! THEY DO NO GOOD WHAT SO EVER OUT THERE... MOVE THEM BACK TO JUST ABOUT INCH N HALF
ABOVE THE POCKETS.. WHERE THEY WILL CATCH THE
VIBRATIONS TRAVELING DOWN THE LIMBS...

I GAINED 10 FPS MOVING THEM OFF THE LIMB ENDS...!!!

OH.. AND WHEN YOU READ THE SPECS..AND THEY SAY.. 310 FPS..
THEY MEAN IT. IVE GOT IT SET AT 50 LBS DRAW.. AND I GET

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
razor tec

Make no mistake, I'm biased to Hoyt's; obviously.

However, I set one up for my shop owner two weeks ago, right out of the box. Hoyt sight, stabilizer, and QT 1000 rest. Cut 1/2 dozen arrows. After sighting in with 10 arrows or so, he was shooting hole for hole with me. This guy is a gun hunter y'all. Maybe picks up a bow 4 or 5 times a year. I've been getting ragged ever since.

Very easy to shoot judging from this guy's performance.

·
Registered
167 Posts
monte..

i took my bow to sportsmans days..
we set it at 35 lbs for the kids to shoot...
they were all hitting the dead zone after a few trial shots and
some instruction...

and ive handed it to guys who shoot only recurves and longbows.. they all shot it just great... even tried their arrows in it, now i think that i have finally rid the bow of all its
gremlins ( which were just not putting on the right sights and
rest... ) once i got the zero effects rest on there.. and the
SPOT HOGG REAL DEAL...and the NEW MASTER PEEP.. it was like childs play... it just shoots,
any arrow..any person.. no one has ever not been able to shoot it
or didnt like it...even over their own bow...
( i heard some of the longbow guys later on.. they were all talkin
bout gettin one ! )

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
10 FPS moving limb savers?

My initiall responce would normally be.... BULLS$#!^, but I will test this, and see for myself.:) I have a 31" draw, so if it really makes a difference, I should see it in the chrono! I shoot fingers, and a Razor is too short for me, but I will test it on my pro-tec, and let you know what the results are.:) Any danger of damaging the split limbs, by moving them? Seems to me they would help prevent limb twist, where they are at.:confused:

·
Registered
167 Posts
ON THE LIMBSAVER

THINK ABOUT IT...

THE LIMBSAVERS ARE THERE TO ABSORB THE RESONATE
HARMONICS THAT HAVE BEEN GENERATED BY THE " LIMB"
AND WE ALL KNOW THAT THE HARMONICS TRAVEL FROM
CAM END OF THE LIMB TO THE POCKET END OF THE LIMB...
SO IF THE LIMBSAVERS ARE AT THE BEGINNING OF THE HARMONIC CYCLE.. HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY HELP WITH HARMONICS THAT
ARE ARE AT FULL STRENGTH AND BOUND AND DETERMINED TO
TRAVEL DOWN THAT LIMB , COMMON SENSE SAYS THAT
THE "TIME TO SATURATION IN THE LIMBSAVER vs. DISTANCE TRAVLED IN THAT SAME TIME BY THE HARMONICS SAYS THAT THE LIMBSAVER
IS GOING TO DO WHAT IT CAN IN THAT 1 SECOND WHERE THE
BOW IS RELEASED TILL IT STOPS MOVMENT COMPLETLY...BUT THAT IT SIMPLY CANNOT ABSORBE AND COVERT ALL OF THAT
HARMONIC ENERGY.. AND WHAT IT CANT GET IS GOIN DOWN THAT LIMB... SO.. IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE TO LET THE LIMB WEAKEN THAT LEVEL OF HARMONICS BY TRAVELING DOWN IT.SO THAT BY THE TIME IT REACHES THE LIMBSAVER...IT CAN ACTUALLY DO A GOOD JOB OF CONVERTING RESIDUAL HARMONICS INTO HARMLESS MOVMENT WITHIN ITSELF...ITS NOT THE LARGE CYCLE
HARMONICS THAT HURT LIMBS.. ITS THE HI END HI FREQUENCY
ONES THAT DO.. THEY ARE GOING DOWN THAT LIMB NO MATTER
WHAT YOU HAVE AT THE BEGINING... ITS BETTER TO WEAKEN THEM BY TRAVELING THRU THE LIMB AND OUT THE LIMBSAVER
AT THE BOTTOM..THAT JUST LETTING THEM ON THRU PAST A
LIMBSAVER AT THE CAM END. WHAT HAPPENS IS THESE ULTRA HI
FREQ. HARMONICS DELAMINAT THE LAYERS BONDING MEDIUM
WHEN THE REACH THE END OF THEIR TRAVEL AT THE POCKET AND
FULLY CHARGE THE LIMB WITH HARMONICS.. A LIMBSAVER AT THE BOTTOM PREVENTS THAT... NOT AT THE TOP...

NOW.. IDEAL SITUATION WOULD BE TO HAVE A SPLIT LIMBSAVER AT EACH END OF THE LIMB... THAT WOULD BE PRETTY GOOD IDEA !

HOWEVER... AS FAR AS VIBRATION IS CONCERNED.. I CANT TELL ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HAVING THE LIMBSAVERS ON..OR OFF... THE TEC RISER IN THE RAZORTEC JUST DOESNT SHOW ANY
VIBRATIONS... IT WAS DESIGNED TO DO THAT...

AS FOR PICKING UP SPEED.. IF YOU CAN TELL ME THAT IF A SIMPLE NOC POINT ON THE STRING OR THE PEEP CAN CUT ANYWHERE FROM 2 TO 5 FEET PER SECOND OFF YOUR ARROW SPEED.. THEN ITS NOT UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT THAT ADDING AN RUBBER LIMBSAVER TO THE WEIGHT HEAVY END OF THE LIMB WOULDNT CAUSE THE SAME RESULT.... NO BRAINER...

CAN U SEE IT..ON A NON TEC RISER BOW...HAVE NO IDEA... THE RESULTS ARE FROM MY HOTY... ANOTHER HOYT MAY BE DIFFERENT YET... IVE LEARNED THAT NO TWO IDENTICAL BOWS WILL ALWAYS PREFORM THE SAME...MORE OFTEN THAT NOT...

AS FOR YOURS... THIS WAS A HOYT DISCUSSION.. IF IT DOESNT APPLY TO YOUR BRAND..

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
As for yours..This was a Hoyt discussion..

***?:confused: Last time I looked my Pro-Tec WAS a Hoyt!:) What the hell you been smokin'?:eek: Moving the limb savers then (theoretically) should have a greater effect on my longer 3000 limbs. We will see. Good post, But TURN OFF THE DAMN CAP LOCK IT IS ANNOYING AS HELL!:p

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: As for yours..This was a Hoyt discussion..

Hollowpoint10 said:
***?:confused: Last time I looked my Pro-Tec WAS a Hoyt!:) What the hell you been smokin'?:eek: Moving the limb savers then (theoretically) should have a greater effect on my longer 3000 limbs. We will see. Good post, But TURN OFF THE DAMN CAP LOCK IT IS ANNOYING AS HELL!:p
I too am going to try this after I pick up my son from school today and I will run it through my chrony just to see . I really doo hope it makes a difference I will post reply in about an hour or sooooo....... Havoc

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Tried it

Wolf slayer I tried this out on my Hoyt havoctech cam.5 and theoretically it should work but logistics proved wrong I lost 2FPS when I moved the limbsaver almost to the limb pocket 1 1/2" away to be exact and the bow made a noticable thudd sound upon release. So I moved it half way up the limb no loss in FPS but the thud was still there just not quite as loud the limbsaver is now 1" away from the cables and the thud went away and still no loss in FPS I am shooting 29.5" at 63#s and a 342 gr arrow at 264 FPS. Im not saying it didnt work on your bow because it very well may have . But this setup didnt work for me I just had to get the old chrony out and try it since I have nothing to do but wait til wednesday for opening season

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, I just got mine Saturday so I'm still breaking it in.

The Razortec rocks! It is fast, smooth drawing and shooting, and is forgiving (a plus for me *G*).

My advice, shoot everything else before you try the RT. When you finally shoot one be sure to have your check book handy cause you'll buy it on the spot! I did :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts