2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on line to register my Trykon XL
I have the end flap off the box it was shipped in, in my hand
I fill out the entire registration sheet twice and get this note:
Bow serial number is 7 digits.
Mine is 6
The second time filling out the sheet I added a 0 in front of the 6 digit #
The system accepted my registration then.
Is my bow properly registered??....Lifetime warantee and all
I HOPE SO!

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
The serial number they are looking for is on the Bow itself and not one the box if I remember correctly.:confused:

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
serial numbers are never on the box-----they are on the bow. What you had was a model #:wink:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Number

Did some checking and can tell you that if you have the factory sticker on the end of your Hoyt box you do have the serial number and the part number on that sticker. I did find the serial # on my bow between the split limbs. It is the same as the one found on the bow except it has an additional 0 in front of it. So luckly what I did to register was right. By the way the sticker on the end of the box is a peel off that you can attach to your bow case or put in a file. It gives the model# Serial# draw weight, let off etc. Stuff that you want to keep track of.
Good Shooting!

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
What really sux is, I bought a brand new Protec on ebay and Hoyt won't warrant it, whats up with that.?

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
Dave2 said:
What really sux is, I bought a brand new Protec on ebay and Hoyt won't warrant it, whats up with that.?
Probably it was already registered to someone else and that makes you the second owner would be my guess. You got taken:wink:

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
Dave2 said:
Hoyt told me they wont warranty bows bought on eBay UNLESS the seller is an authorized dealer AND you get a legitimate sales receipt.

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
GolfinHunter said:
Hoyt told me they wont warranty bows bought on eBay UNLESS the seller is an authorized dealer AND you get a legitimate sales receipt.

Yup! Mathews and Bowtech are the same way!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
larryron said:
Hoyt dealers can not sell Hoyt Bows over the internet-phone or mailorder.
There's a lady on here that's a Hoyt dealer (can't remember her AT name... or her real name for that matter). I spoke with her last year about Hoyt warranties and internet sales and learned that this is the case only with current year lineup. From corresponding with her, I came away with the impression that if it was a previous year model or earlier, dealers are allowed to sell over the internet/phone. Otherwise, as you mentioned, it has to be an in store sale.

·
Registered
50,358 Posts
Believe I said it earlier-------he got taken on what he was told about it being new.:wink: Buyer beware buying off the net if you don't have full knowledge of the product in's and outs. I can say anything on the net I want to------doesn't mean it's true.:wink:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Registration

TunaBoy,
Go back and make sure that the SN you registered is the same as on your bow. Dealers get bows in and set them up, sometimes you get a box sometimes not but you may not gotten the box that YOUR bow came in. If I remember right the SN for the Trykon is in between the limbs in the limb pocket of the riser.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts