Archery Talk Forum banner

hoyt replacement grips

2529 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  camelcluch
IS there any? i see alot of nice grips with the ergonomics i would like to see for mathews and bow tech. i cock my wrist back to achieve the hardest part of my hand. i have very thick hands. so even though i have been shooting my hoyt for a year and still have to "regrip" at least twice before i take a shot. i would like to achieve more surface area on my hand by haveing a straiter grip. or am i toatally wrong by cockin my wrist back?:embara:
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12,196 Posts
Hoyt has a few grip options for most bows. But personally I shoot a bow without a "grip" -- the "grip" is bare riser. It's the best way to get consistency, IMO, and to keep from torquing your bow. And I don't know what you mean by "cock your wrist back." Pic?

· Registered
492 Posts
I second this question, I'm shooting an older Hoyt Ultrasport with the "panel" grips, and I hate them. Especially after shooting the new Bone Collector series and feeling those grips. I just want something different to hold on to. I've seen torqueless grips for just about everything else, but not for my particular Hoyt.

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I second this question, I'm shooting an older Hoyt Ultrasport with the "panel" grips, and I hate them. Especially after shooting the new Bone Collector series and feeling those grips. I just want something different to hold on to. I've seen torqueless grips for just about everything else, but not for my particular Hoyt.
Nope, there weren't many grip options on that model, or any other models from '04 back. I like that grip myself, but do prefer the '05 and up sideplate grips. I've use the lower-wristed full grip and it was OK, but shooting the sideplates or bare riser work best for me. I always want less to hang onto.

· Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys and girls. what i mean by cocking my wrist is that with my bow arm out i hyper extend my wrist by trying to touch my thumb to my forarm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.