Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a new Cybertec C.5 for about two months now. I'm not a speed freak when it comes to hunting, but I have been curious about what I'm gettin out of this bow. I went to the shop and did a little chrono action. 29" draw, 70#, 394gr. arrow and I'm gettin 293fps!!! I shot through twice just to be sure it was right. That's pretty damn good in my opinion. I would have been happy with 280. I had a Legacy last year that only did 295 with 30"in draw and a 353gr. arrow. NO mathews can touch me!! Later.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Yeah, Right

There's no way that speed is correct. I am shooting the same specs as you except my arrow is 403 grains and i am shooting a Hoyt Supertec with spiral cam and 1/2, my speed is 291. I've had mine chronoed at 2 different shops each with the same results. But, who cares I guess.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
My CyberTec shot @ 29" AMO measured draw, 71 pounds, 398 grain ACC 3-60 @ 289 FPS. Tru-peep, loop, stock leeches and stock string. WCCB string bumped it up to 294.

I don't think his speed is out of the question. The SuperTec is NOT that much faster than CyberTec IME.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Cybertec is fast as long you shoot at the end of the cam.
With my UltraTec at 30 inch draw and 68 lbs I could get 292 with arrow 390 grains. String did not have peep, brass nock only and 2 leeches. At 30.5 draw and 68 lbs, with peep brass nock and 2 leeches I shot 305 with 350 grain arrow.
It was 14 fps over Legacy with the same specs!!
Vodek

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Whoa Rocket21! You just called out a guy for 2 fps and an arrow that's 7 grains lighter?

Here's my spec's Darton Maverick Express RC, 30.5" 287 fps @ 58 lbs & a 368 grain arrow, am I a looney too?

·
Registered
112 Posts
My Cybertec is going 306 @65# with a 319 Grain arrow. The trick is to be at the long draw length on the cam. My cam draw length range is 27.5 to 30" and I'm shooting it at 29.5

It's a great shooting little rocket ship!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
My bow chrono's at 27" 238fps, with a peep that has tubing and a 397grn arrow. I am impressed. By the looks of things I will have to get longer draw modules for next year. So I may get 250 out of a hunting bow. That would be great in my eyes.

The bow is a Merlin Hunters Quest 35, 27" draw, 60#'s peak weight actually scaled at 59#'s. Pro Fusion fiberglass limbs.

Thank you Pinwheel12. This bow is very impressive.
When I brought it to the Sherwood park shop, alot of people were taking a good look at it and Robin, a tried and true hoyt fan really wants to get his hands on a merlin now.

·
Registered
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ROCKET 21

Yea right you say? How 'bout you kiss my ***! That post is actual chronograph speed. If you don't like it, go cry to yo mama! With that kind of speed I decided to go up to 420gr. I tuned and sighted the bow in this morning. I will post what the speed is next time I get a chance to chrono it. Then you can go cry somemore.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
yep yep yep

yep yep yep

all that extra speed you guys are getting out of those hoytys
it will be that mutch faster you will be missing the target acuracy is the name of the game baby get a real bow
stick and string a dear :D :D :D :D :D

just kitting guys love the hoyts :D :D :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Q2DEATH said:
I 29" draw, 70#, 394gr. arrow and I'm gettin 293fps!!! I shot through twice just to be sure it was right. NO mathews can touch me!! Later.
Well, I shoot 281 fps with a 29" draw Mathews LX bow at 70# using an aluminum arrow that weights 40g more than your arrow. So yes, with your arrow I can touch you and would probably be shooting a couple of FPS faster than your bow. My speed has been checked on 2 chonographs and been within 2 fps on each.

I don't think it really matters, but your claim of no Mathews being able to touch you doesn't appear to be correct.

·
12 ring's and P&Y's
5,184 Posts
Check out my speed demon!!!

03 Ultratec XT-3000
27.5 Spiral Cam
59#
600+grain 2613 w/ 200 grain tip
227 fps

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey GTBuzz,

By my calculations you'd pick up about 8 fps shooting his arrow. That would still make that highly overrated Matthews slower......

·
Registered
9 Posts
MoBow63 said:
Hey GTBuzz,

By my calculations you'd pick up about 8 fps shooting his arrow. That would still make that highly overrated Matthews slower......
Well, by the same 2 chronographs - I broke 300 fps (301 on one 302 on the other) with a 388g arrow, so I will stick with my actual results over your calculated results :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Slow Mathews

Q2Death, 30inch-353 grain arrow at 295. Me thinks somthing is really wrong with your chrony. Same bow at 29inch-380grain arrow 280 feet on the money. I'll race any of my Mathews against any of your Hoyts- Just bring your pink slip so I can sell em quick. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Almost forgot, that was at 66lbs.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
speed

i get 287, out of my hoyt (cybertech) at 28 inch , and can get 315 at 30 inch. those where at ibo weights. not sure about the new lxs but no legacy has come close. , not to put down anything, im sick of the hoyt vs. mathews crap, i like both companies, i just like the feel and shootibilty of my hoyts.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts