Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the verge of ordering a brand new RX-1, I am going to go with the #2 cam 80lb limbs. I really like the Cameron Hanes edition, especially cause it's different. The riser color options are RR or Black. Black limbs on both. I am wondering if anybody knows, can I get the riser in buckskin? I really like the buckskin with black limbs, hoping it can be thru the custom shop. I don't mind if there is an upcharge, just want to know if it's possible. My local dealer didn't know, they are going to try and find out. Figured it was worth a shot to ask the AT community. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I know this year the Buckskin RX-1 comes stock with black limbs. I'm not sure you can order the Cam Hanes Edition with Buckskin because it's not one of his "signature" options. This probably helped you out 0.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Just order the buckskin at 70# then order a set of CH edition limbs at 80# then sell the 70# limbs...if Hoyt wont do the custom for you!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am on the verge of ordering a brand new RX-1, I am going to go with the #2 cam 80lb limbs. I really like the Cameron Hanes edition, especially cause it's different. The riser color options are RR or Black. Black limbs on both. I am wondering if anybody knows, can I get the riser in buckskin? I really like the buckskin with black limbs, hoping it can be thru the custom shop. I don't mind if there is an upcharge, just want to know if it's possible. My local dealer didn't know, they are going to try and find out. Figured it was worth a shot to ask the AT community. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

I like the two tone of the buckskin - the cam Hanes edition (like the home collector and vixen lines) doesnt give you any performance upgrades but added decals. Love cam Hanes but personally that two tone buckskin is super sweet looking

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this year the Buckskin RX-1 comes stock with black limbs. I'm not sure you can order the Cam Hanes Edition with Buckskin because it's not one of his "signature" options. This probably helped you out 0.
I saw that at the shop, I was thinking that was the case. "If Cam didn't OK it, nobody would want it" type of deal.
Just order the buckskin at 70# then order a set of CH edition limbs at 80# then sell the 70# limbs...if Hoyt wont do the custom for you!
That is a great idea, didn't think of that. That will be my last ditch effort, swing for the fences, no other choice. My luck, Hoyt would say, " Must buy it as a complete bow, no separate limbs allowed"
I like the two tone of the buckskin - the cam Hanes edition (like the home collector and vixen lines) doesnt give you any performance upgrades but added decals. Love cam Hanes but personally that two tone buckskin is super sweet looking
The shop I visited, didn't have the two tone buckskin. Just Buckskin with Black limbs. I'll look into the two-tone option. Thanks!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. Hoyt will not do the buckskin with the Cameron Hanes edition limbs, as it violates his marketing contracts. If the bow doesn't have a Cameron Hanes serial number, they also won't allow you to order replacement limbs with the Hanes decals. So no way it can happen. Too bad, I wanted the bow, badly.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm sure someone will build one someone will get there hands on a set of those limbs used or something and build it just give it a few months lol I'm sure a few will pop up.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wanted the hanes limbs on my kuiu Verde riser but was told the same I'm just waiting for a set to pop up forsale on here or something then ill have mine lol.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted the hanes limbs on my kuiu Verde riser but was told the same I'm just waiting for a set to pop up forsale on here or something then ill have mine lol.
Seems to be the only option!, it's a shame that for that much money, we can't get what we want. I'm not sponsored by anybody, I just want the bow how I want it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Update. Hoyt will not do the buckskin with the Cameron Hanes edition limbs, as it violates his marketing contracts. If the bow doesn't have a Cameron Hanes serial number, they also won't allow you to order replacement limbs with the Hanes decals. So no way it can happen. Too bad, I wanted the bow, badly.

Did they happen to say if this was just for the Signature bows or all bows? I really wanted the Buckskin and camo limbs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did they happen to say if this was just for the Signature bows or all bows? I really wanted the Buckskin and camo limbs.
I believe its only for the signature bows, depending on sponsorship. You can get Buckskin with camo limbs as far as I know. Just not in Hanes, don't know what the rules are for the Bone Collector edition but I would think it's the same type of thing. Call and ask, the guy I talked to at Hoyt was very knowledgeable and answered everything.

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I ordered Buckskin with kuiu limbs with no problems. It's just the signature bows

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was told when I ordered my turbo in kuiu the only way to get black limbs was pay another 100$ don’t like it but it is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ordered the RX1 in KUIU with black limbs, just paid the custom charge and waited about 10 weeks. Got her last week.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts