Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He guys,

Need some help please. I set up a new RX7 for my hunting buddy and ran into a bareshaft left reading.

Specs are:
RX7 @28.25" 65lbs 80%LO
Cams shimmed to the right with the black shims
Rest is at ~ 7/8
Black Eagle Rampage 350 cut to 27"
51gr insert 125gr point
Tac Driver Vanes 2.75
Goldtip nock.

Didn't shoot Broadhead yet.

Picture 1 is at 33yards, picture 2 is the bow with a nocked arrow.

Thanks for any advice or input馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎馃檹馃徎

Greetings Patrick

Attachments

Registered
Move the rest to the right. 7/8 is a lot for the RX7 my ultra is set at a a hair past 3/4 and shooting down center. At 30 yards moving the rest 1/16 will move point of impact quit a bit.

Registered
That's a nock right condition and would require more shimming to the right. You will need aftermarket shims most likely. Hoyt says you can run the centershot out to 1" if necessary. Good luck!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks
Yes Hoyt says out to 1" but that's too far iMO. And the cams are already shimmed to the right. Are there any other shims from Hoyt? I only have the Grey and black ones.

Is he overspined? Or does anybody else have some advice?
Does someone shoot a RX7 with similar specs?

Registered
Numerous folks have had to use aftermarket shims to get those bows to tune with a decent centershot. The Black and Gray shims are all Hoyt provides, but are not enough in some instances. This has been discussed on here ad nauseum!

Lateral arrow flight issues due to spine are extremely rare with compound bows. Most of the time a weak spine shows up as a vertical tear and/or inconsistent tune reactions.

NC

Registered
Left tear, cam is to far right. Shim cam to the left, follow the tear.
I agree with 3/4" - 13/16" you should end up in this area.
7/8 - 1" is out of line IMO.
It's not a left tear! It's a left bareshaft impact which is a right tear. Look at the picture!

NC

Reactions: vmals

Registered
Numerous folks have had to use aftermarket shims to get those bows to tune with a decent centershot. The Black and Gray shims are all Hoyt provides, but are not enough in some instances. This has been discussed on here ad nauseum!

Lateral arrow flight issues due to spine are extremely rare with compound bows. Most of the time a weak spine shows up as a vertical tear and/or inconsistent tune reactions.

NC

Sounds like people should've listened to Shane instead of outcasting him :unsure:

Registered
Also looks like nock low also. As said you might need other shims to get cams farther over.

My rx7 ultra didn't have any issues but I had issues with a lot of primes, Mathews and obsession but it was the grip on those bows and my personal grip. If possible see if you can get someone else to shoot it and see if bare shaft changes also just to eliminate your grip and form. I know when a couple other ppl shot the bows I had issues with and bare shafts they could get it dang near perfect where I was off a lot. But then I get my Athens, elite, Hoyt, bowtechs and no issues

Registered
The bare shaft appears to be level. So spine is good. Move the rest your center shot is way off.

Registered
I don鈥檛 know if this will help you at all but here鈥檚 the scenario with my RX7ultra. I was shooting Hard tail left 6鈥 from my fletched arrows. 30鈥漝raw , 70#, 29鈥滸T Velocity XT 300 spine 100gr tip with no extra weight up front. I swapped over the original gray shims that came on the bow on top and bottom. That took 75% of my problem away. So I went back and put the gray shims on the BOTTOM back to where they originally were and left the top and that took care of everything! I can now group bare shafts with fletched out to 40 yds . It didn鈥檛 make sense to me at the time but that bow now shoots amazing with only that little change.FYI鈥 My center shot is now at 3/4鈥 馃憤馃徏Hope this helps

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your replys.
I measured the shims and the owner of the RX7 will make some custom that are more offset than the black ones.
We will set center's hot to 13/16 and put the Grey spacers back in.
If that doesnt help we will use the custom shims. Heard that Hoyt offers a new shim kit but it will take about 2 months till we get them in austria.

Also I shot the bow and had the same bareshaft left nock right.

I will keep you updated as we will work on the bow, maybe someone will also have to deal with that鉁岎煆

Registered
For the standard RX7, I am told there is an additional set of shims due to tuning issues with them.
I have used the older shim kits when I was experimenting, just more time consuming playing with all the additional spacers rather than the two normally used on these bows.

Registered
For the standard RX7, I am told there is an additional set of shims due to tuning issues with them.
I have used the older shim kits when I was experimenting, just more time consuming playing with all the additional spacers rather than the two normally used on these bows.
Funny stuff! Some of ya'll thought people were crazy when these issues started coming to the surface. I guess not. Good'ole AT!

NC

Reactions: jeffrichards

Registered
Funny stuff! Some of ya'll thought people were crazy when these issues started coming to the surface. I guess not. Good'ole AT!

NC

It's the Indians, Not the bow.

Reactions: pcaz

Registered
It's the Indians, Not the bow.
The lack of compatibility between the Indian and bow grip is a common issue for some but I do agree the Indian is to blame most times.
Unfortunately, Hoyt put out a third set of shims so the first thought is it a design/manufacturing issue on Hoyt? Manufacturers don't typically do anything unless there was a problem on their end and then they usually deny any responsibility first. And hopefully before social media gets to crushing profits. They did adjust for some reason so it is now everyone's interpretation of why.
Maybe it is to compensate for something they overlooked in design for some of the Indians.

Registered
The lack of compatibility between the Indian and bow grip is a common issue for some but I do agree the Indian is to blame most times.
Unfortunately, Hoyt put out a third set of shims so the first thought is it a design/manufacturing issue on Hoyt? Manufacturers don't typically do anything unless there was a problem on their end and then they usually deny any responsibility first. And hopefully before social media gets to crushing profits. They did adjust for some reason so it is now everyone's interpretation of why.
Maybe it is to compensate for something they overlooked in design for some of the Indians.
Maybe, but I've gotten great bullet holes and bare shaft and Broadhead tunes and walk back on 4 RX7's now and 2 RX7 Ultra's. Only one bow required a top cam shim swap out of the 6 bows. The rest all still have the grey shims as they came in the box. None are set with a center shot over 13/16th. Most are 11/16th.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts