Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of You folks on here ever shot a Hoyt with the Saber single cam set-up?....I did some horse trading this past summer, I ended up with a Saber single cam/Idler eccentric set, and this is a pretty unusual single cam set-up, the Idler wheel has bearings, and actually has a cable attachment on it, two of the, and one is for Short, one is for long, and the bottom Cam has two post settings for draw length settings...This set up actually uses a shoot string, a buss cable, and a control cable, like a Cam 1/2 set-up uses...I did a search on A.T., and from what I've gathered so far, this cam system is noted for smooth draw, quietness, and being easy to tune..(.I've shot several different bows with Hoyt's " Redline" single cam system, and the Redline is smooth, quiet, and pretty fast, maybe faster than the first generation Cam 1/2's).....But, to the point, I'm thinking that I might put this Saber cam on my Pro Elite, remove the bottom draw stop, and see how soft the back wall is, just to see if it will work with a Clicker....Also, the size of these eccentrics is considerably larger than the cams on the bow now, so the added length will make the bow longer at full draw...If anyone on here has shot this cam/wheel set-up, please post up and tell me what You think...Thanks in advance.....Jim

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was mistaken on the correct name of this Hoyt single cam set-up....it is called an "Excel" cam, it was the next development of the Saber cam....ANYONE??..ANYONE??......L.O.L..........Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts