Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here ver shoot the older Hoyt "Saber" cam, single cam set-up??....If so, please share with Me the Pro's, and Con's....Also, did You shoot it without the draw stop peg, even as an experiment?...I was thinking that without the draw stop peg, that the back wall might be spongy/soft....I'm actually looking for a soft, spongy back wall, I shoot Fingers, and want to pull through a Clicker...Thinking about setting up my Pro Elite with the Saber cam set-up.....Thanks in advance for any help !!.........Take care....Harperman

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
I have a hoyt havoctec with the saber cam and just built new set of string and cable for a hoyt just a few days ago. This cam is very smooth and easy to tune. I had my havoctec shooting bareshafts at 30 yards and they flew perfect. With the draw stop it is still a little spongey so you probably won't have to remove it. The cam is a little slow but wasn't designed for speed. Overall, it is a very good cam and one of the few solocams I actually liked.

·
is it time to shoot yet?
1,723 Posts
I have a hoyt havoctec with the saber cam and just built new set of string and cable for a hoyt just a few days ago. This cam is very smooth and easy to tune. I had my havoctec shooting bareshafts at 30 yards and they flew perfect. With the draw stop it is still a little spongey so you probably won't have to remove it. The cam is a little slow but wasn't designed for speed. Overall, it is a very good cam and one of the few solocams I actually liked.
Very similar experience for me. I had a saber cam on an ultratec. Very slow but easy to tune cam. I never tried it without the stop. I switched back to the cam 1/2's the next one I bought.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
........Fletched.....With the draw stop in the cam, how "Spongy" is it??....What I'm looking for is a back wall with at least 1/4" of "Sponginess",,,and 3/8" would be even better....Lastly, when it is said that this cam is slow, just how slow is it??....Faster than a decent Energy wheel, but slower than a hard cam??...I'm thinking about putting this cam set-up,( I've called it a Saber cam, but it's actually the next year's model, re-named the Excel cam).., on my Pro Elite, w/ XT-3000 limbs....I dont want to mess with tearing the bow down, and changing it all around, if the Excel cam isnt going to be what I'm looking for.....Thanks for the post, I appreciate it.......Take care!.....Harperman

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very similar experience for me. I had a saber cam on an ultratec. Very slow but easy to tune cam. I never tried it without the stop. I switched back to the cam 1/2's the next one I bought.
Bowpro34....How slow was this cam set up on the UltraTec??...I have a 28" draw....At 28" draw length, and shooting I.B.O. minimum arrows, at 5 g.p.p., what kind of arrow speeds do You think I'll get???....Not to be a bother, but the Chrono that I normally use is broken....Thanks!........Harperman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts