Archery Talk Forum banner

Hoyt Screw Questions

611 3
Hello everyone....

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I don't want to screw up my new bow!

Just bought a new Hoyt Alphamax 35 and am putting on a new sight. The sight came with mounting screws and I can only tighten them down so far (maybe a 1/4 of the way) before they appear to catch the threads on the bow. I'm not sure if it is just gunked up paint or if I'm using the wrong size screws. I don't want to cross thread my new bow. First, I'm assuming that the screws that come with the sight fit most bows, but I'm uncertain if it fits a Hoyt. Second, what is the correct size of the screws for mounting the sights (and secondly the rest) on a Hoyt. Lastly, if they are the correct screws, does anyone have any ideas on how to clear/clean out the threads sans retapping.

Thanks,
Rob
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
Hey man, me and friend both had the same problem with our am's. Is yours a black riser? Our buddy at the pro shop actually noticed it and just retapped it for us and now it's good to go. Just take it to someone that does that and they will have a caliper gauge that they can match the screws up with and fix it for you.:wink:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

Thanks guys...had a feeling that I was using the right hardware. I'll have to see if I can find someone to run a thread repair tool through it.

Thanks for your help!
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.