Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Ultra Elite XT3000 with Cam.5 and my Brace height is 1/8 short (7.25 instead of 7 3/8). I'm new to this hybrid system and am wondering what I need to twist/untwist and how much to get the BH up by 1/8"

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Here is a link that talks about twisting cables to adjust timing, etc. It is directed toward the cam and a half, but should apply to most Hoyt cams. It worked fine for my C2 cams.

Are your other dimensions in spec? If so, I don't think I would mess with it for 1/8 of brace. If the timing is off, adjustments must be made. If you are slightly off the published brace height, I wouldn't worry. Draw length and cam/module positions affect this.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=222048&highlight=tuning+hoyt

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
If BH is shorter than spec, you need to put twists into the Buss Cable and at the same time put twists into the control cable to keep draw stops in time. Just make sure to measure draw length and weight when you are done to make sure they are in spec also. Putting twists into the string will decrease draw length and weight, while taking twists out will do the opposite.

Make sure both limbs are "bottomed out" while checking all these measurements.

With your BH only being off by 1/8", I would check draw length now, before you do anything. If it is a little longer than spec, you can simply put some twists into the string to bring it to spec and this should bring your BH into spec also. Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I have both stops hitting the cables at the exact same time, the DL seems pretty much smack on, and it shoots unbelievably well. Just thought I might try to squeeze out that last 1/8" of BH, and wasn't sure what to do, as this is the first time I've ever set up a hybrid.

Thanks again -- very helpful!

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
You'll never noticeably benefit from that extra 1/8" of BH. If the bow is perfectly tuned LEAVE IT ALONE!

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
the DL seems pretty much smack on, and it shoots unbelievably well
You've been brainwashed reading too many things here on AT :tongue:. Don't touch a thing. You already answered why you should NOT touch anything, i.e. the bow is shooting "unbelievably well". An 1/8" difference in bh can be caused by a myriad of things, not least of which is you may be shooting the bow at a different draw length or draw weight from that used by the company to arrive at the bh spec.

I have no idea what my bh is, nor even what the spec is for my current set-up. Not critical to getting the bow shooting well. All I know is the draw length is good, cams are timed and I have the bow set for the draw weight I want.

Just my opinion...........:)

>>------->

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are right. I haven't touched it yet and I'm just going to leave it as it is. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
212 Posts
The Specs are a good Starting Point:

You've been brainwashed reading too many things here on AT :tongue:. Don't touch a thing. You already answered why you should NOT touch anything, i.e. the bow is shooting "unbelievably well". An 1/8" difference in bh can be caused by a myriad of things, not least of which is you may be shooting the bow at a different draw length or draw weight from that used by the company to arrive at the bh spec.

I have no idea what my bh is, nor even what the spec is for my current set-up. Not critical to getting the bow shooting well. All I know is the draw length is good, cams are timed and I have the bow set for the draw weight I want.

Just my opinion...........:)

>>------->

These specs are a good starting point. If you wanted more poundage put some twists in both the Buss and Control Cable. It will decrease ATA, increase brace height, but isn't necessarily going to make your bow shoot any different....better or worse. If you like the performace...leave it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts