Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought one.After not have shot a compound in several years.I love it and I know thats all that matters.But I was wondering how many out there own or have shot this little jewel.And if you would share how you got it setup.I tried to purchase a bow that could do double duty.One that could be a hunting bow and a good 3D bow.What kind of speeds are you getting out of them.I have'nt chronographed mine yet but plan to.Thanks tradrick

· Registered
2,592 Posts
I had one set up at the shop to shoot around with. Shooting 306fps with a 304 grain arrow, at 60lbs with a 30" draw and nothing but a peep and loop on the string.

Its a great shooting bow, I have always loved the UltraTec's and this is just there 08 cousin. Beautiful and smooth A++++++

· Registered
5,550 Posts
Congratulations on the 737. I bought one last year also and am still amazed at how well it shoots. I am not all worried about how fast a bow is and it isnt the fastest bow I have ever shot but I have shot better with it than anything else I have including my 04 Protec. Shooting a 358 grain arrow at 28.5 inch draw and 60 lbs I am getting 276. Plenty fast for me for an arrow weighing almost 6 grains per pound. :)

· Registered
381 Posts
????

I don't have access to a chrono.....how far off the axels did you put the speed balls?

· Registered
381 Posts
I have a Shaffer drop away on it for hunting....for IBO,nothing but a Pro-Tuner....

· Registered
73 Posts
In Hunting Mode

The 737 is the easiest bow i have ever set up and tuned. It will paper tune just about any arrow, within reason, in a couple minutes, yielding perfect bullet holes. I am set up in hunt mode now with a trophy taker rest and a single fixed pin set at 20 yards. It's a tack driver from a 16 foot treestand, from straight down and out t 30 yards.

In 3D mode, the 737 spits a 335 grain arrow out at 284 fps. I have a 30 inch DL and the bow is maxed out at 60#'s. I am perfectly set up to stay just under the 3D speed limit of 287 fps.

In hunt mode i shoot a total arrow weight of 417 grains, with more than enough speed. Accuracy always trumps speed in 3D or bowhunting.

What a great bow selection you made. The 737 is definately my double duty bow of choice.

Semper Fi.

· Registered
5,230 Posts
I shot my dads 737 this past weekend and its the smoothest bow I have shot in a long time. Holds great and grouped really good too. I would say its one of the nicest bows I have ever shot and I have some nice ones.

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great replys guys.I'm loveing it for sure.I've been shooting broadheads for the past couple of days.Our Alabama archery season opens tomorrow.Hunt safe tradrick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.