Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered an 03 fade blue Protec. What has the usual shipping time been for target bows?

dead-x-man

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Some people have had to wait months (sometimes up to 5 months). Some people get their bows in less than a week.

It depends on when you place your order, what Hoyt is producing, and the relationship between Hoyt and your dealer or maybe the local dealer rep.

·
7 Time pHp Camp Champion
7,218 Posts
I thought I heard a couple of weeks ago, that they weren't even taking orders any more on target bows. I would sure wait, (even if they are taking orders), about a week or two as that's when the 2004 info should be out.

·
Registered
16,232 Posts
Hoyt Shipping

I just got a letter from Hoyt regarding the '04 lineup. They are aware of all the disgruntled folks who had to wait a long time for the 03 equipment. I didn't get one of my bows for 4 months! The cam + 1/2 was so popular that they just couldn't keep up with demand. In the letter they apologized to the dealers for all the headaches they endured in 03 because of late shipping on some models. They promised improvement in 04 as they have a better grip on how many bows they feel they will need to produce to fill orders next year.

As my distinguished colleague, Fogg Dogg, stated, you may want to wait a couple of weeks. I get to see the new line in a week or so and I'm told it will be worth the wait.

Under normal circumstances, I could get hunting bows in about a week this year, target took a while longer depending on colors, etc. Like I said, mine was 4 months. But that was last Nov when the rush for the new cam hit.

Good luck with your new bow, welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
If Hoyt has a blue Protec in stock, you may be in luck, but with the 04 models coming out in a week, I doubt it. I bet if you wait a week or 2 though you will be seeing some great deals in the classified on used bows and there will probably be a protec for you.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Last year I got my my 02 ultratec in 4 months. This year I got my 03 protec only took 6 weeks. Both in target colors.
Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts