Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i am in the process of broadhead tuning my Rampage XT. Right now my broadheads are hitting alittle high, so i moved the rest down some. Here the problem, when i move the rest down, it is hitting the silent shelf rubber and causing the arms of my QAD Ultra Rest to angle up in the down postion instead of fully down. Has anyone else had this problem. I am thinking about trimming some of the rubber off so that it lays flat. are there any other ideas on what to do.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Why don't you move your nocking point up and leave your rest alone.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the Nockpoint Knots are as tight as.....well you know. thought about it though. any other thoughts of wisdom.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Its your bow but loop string is cheap. I've cut lots of good ones off. If it was me I would cut the loop off and put a new one on. But don't wax it untill you get it set so you can screw it up and down the serving.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ican atleast give it a try. an other thought on this.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The silent shelf does not give a lot of extra room. I have a CRX 32 and was having problems with 2" blazers getting contact. My dealer checked with the Hoyt rep and they have not noted any problems so maybe it is just me.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it does cause things to be moved father up the string, but it nothing i think i cant solve. just was wondering what everyone else was seeing.

·
Registered
50,443 Posts
Why are you moving the rest out of place on a tuned bow???? Move the sight to use your broadheads. It always amazes me that people take a perfectly tuned bow then wack it out because of broadheads. Fact of life and there are going to be others that will disagree, most bows shooting fixed broadheads you will never get ALL fixed broadheads to fly the same as your field points-------move the sight that is why they are so adjustable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts